Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Do you think it's inappropriate

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by sapper77, May 18, 2013.

1. sapper77

sapper77 Linn County Active Member

For me to PM people who have posted "I will take it" on posts that are selling 1000 round packs of XM193 for $600? When I PM them I simply say "just so you know, Bimart has this exact same 1000 round bulk pack of XM193 for $399.99"

2. BVB

BVB PDX Active Member

nevermind

nwwoodsman and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Dan-Dee Sales Inc

Dan-Dee Sales Inc Sweet Home, Oregon, United States Active Member

yes

4. Slowpoke

Slowpoke Beaverton Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Yes also

Born2hunt and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Jabba

Jabba Oregon Member

It's not threadcrapping if he just sends a PM. I suspect most people already know the price they're paying is high, but it can't hurt.

6. CJ1089

CJ1089 Aloha, Oregon Marveling at the world.

Yes, you are enticing them to invalidate their commitment. Unless you are offering to obtain it for them and deliver it for that price then you are just talking out your xxx while crapping on someone else.

When you see the ad that obviously offends you, post your own thread proclaiming "Bi-Mart has xxx for $xxx and it is in stock at xxxx." If you cannot vouch for 'in-stock' then the price is rather pointless.

7. Galant

Galant portland Active Member

Nope . . . just informing a fellow family gunner gunner of a good place to buy for future reference. I see nothing wrong with that.

If he backs out on a deal thats on him.

8. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Probably the only ones who would whine about you doing so are those who wouldn't mind gouging the hell out of some unsuspecting fellow enthusiast either.
    The gouger knows full well what he is doing, and I suspect we will see more of them trying to dump their ammo futures as it becomes more plentiful and fellow newbie enthusiasts smarten up.

9. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Oregon Well-Known Member

Yes,if you don't like the price, don't buy it. I suspect most people know they are paying a higher price and they are okay with it. Not all people have access to Walmart or BiMart and not all stores carry the same stuff.

10. nick1980

nick1980 Portland, OR Active Member

I say go for it. You're not threadcrapping. Honestly if I had more time I would do it.

11. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Post it in the Great Deals thread if/when they are actually available. There is no need to crap on someone's sale, PM or not.

TapRackNGo, JAFO, Slowpoke and 6 others like this.
  12. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Why even waste the keystroke effort. The scalpers' days are numbered.

13. Panther

Panther Keizer Active Member

All I do is add the seller to the ignore list as I have no interest in ever doing business with them.

14. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Perhaps this referenced seller at $600 is not a 'scalper' - maybe he paid that, who knows. Yes, the price is too high IF the ammo can actually be had, in stock/avail for more than 15 minutes somewhere.

15. JAFO

JAFO OR, USA Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

A buyer has already demonstrated that the price isn't too high, in their opinion, by saying they'll take it. You sending a PM with your opinion seems a little arrogant. Why is your opinion better than that of the person actually participating in the transaction?

Letting everyone know your opinion on every deal that you think is bad could possibly backfire on you. Those people in the transaction you tried to interfere with might keep an eye out for any transactions you try to make.

60¢/round is cheaper than any price I can find on .223/5.56 that is in stock right now. If you want to be a forum hero post up a few thousand rounds at the price you claim it can be bought for at Bi-Mart. I'll watch for it in the classifieds...

16. DieselScout

DieselScout S Clackamas County Well-Known Member

I tend to try and stay out of other people's business, as I hope people would stay out of mine. I am a firm believer in buyer beware, I am not some hero that is going to go around and save the masses from bad deals. If I was, this website IS NOT where I would start. There is an internet full of people willing to take advantage of the uniformed. The worst are the ones that go after the elderly, those in mourning or the ignorant. I'd say if you want to "save" people start there, otherwise, leave people alone.

deadeye, Slowpoke, CJ1089 and 6 others like this.
  17. Solomon

Solomon Vancouver Active Member

So... Which Bimart?

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Intention

Intention Hillsboro,oregon Active Member

Did you realize that on 4/22/13 you were asking exactally the same ammount .60 cents per round for your .223 pmc that I was buying last season at bi mart on sale for 5.99 a box? As it might not be inapproiate you might want to pm yourself.

WasrNwarpaint, Soj1057, K-22 and 17 others like this.
  19. CJ1089

CJ1089 Aloha, Oregon Marveling at the world.

CLASSIC!
    A slam dunk bubblegum slap if ever I read one. Kudos to you Sir, masterfully done.

20. shredjesse

shredjesse Vantuckey Active Member

Do we want this forum to be full of scalping gougers, or do we want this place full of good people sharing their love of firearms!

On that note I say... DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is ridiculousness. It's like watching high school kids try and sell weed, all for a quick buck!

It's destroying this forum too. It's been legitimately cheaper to not buy off this forum for some time now. The only people here are scalpers!

1 person likes this.