JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For me to PM people who have posted "I will take it" on posts that are selling 1000 round packs of XM193 for $600? When I PM them I simply say "just so you know, Bimart has this exact same 1000 round bulk pack of XM193 for $399.99"

Yes, you are enticing them to invalidate their commitment. Unless you are offering to obtain it for them and deliver it for that price then you are just talking out your xxx while crapping on someone else.

When you see the ad that obviously offends you, post your own thread proclaiming "Bi-Mart has xxx for $xxx and it is in stock at xxxx." If you cannot vouch for 'in-stock' then the price is rather pointless.

Nope . . . just informing a fellow family gunner gunner of a good place to buy for future reference. I see nothing wrong with that.

If he backs out on a deal thats on him.

Probably the only ones who would whine about you doing so are those who wouldn't mind gouging the hell out of some unsuspecting fellow enthusiast either.
The gouger knows full well what he is doing, and I suspect we will see more of them trying to dump their ammo futures as it becomes more plentiful and fellow newbie enthusiasts smarten up.

Yes,if you don't like the price, don't buy it. I suspect most people know they are paying a higher price and they are okay with it. Not all people have access to Walmart or BiMart and not all stores carry the same stuff.

Perhaps this referenced seller at $600 is not a 'scalper' - maybe he paid that, who knows. Yes, the price is too high IF the ammo can actually be had, in stock/avail for more than 15 minutes somewhere.

A buyer has already demonstrated that the price isn't too high, in their opinion, by saying they'll take it. You sending a PM with your opinion seems a little arrogant. Why is your opinion better than that of the person actually participating in the transaction?

Letting everyone know your opinion on every deal that you think is bad could possibly backfire on you. Those people in the transaction you tried to interfere with might keep an eye out for any transactions you try to make.

60¢/round is cheaper than any price I can find on .223/5.56 that is in stock right now. If you want to be a forum hero post up a few thousand rounds at the price you claim it can be bought for at Bi-Mart. I'll watch for it in the classifieds...

I tend to try and stay out of other people's business, as I hope people would stay out of mine. I am a firm believer in buyer beware, I am not some hero that is going to go around and save the masses from bad deals. If I was, this website IS NOT where I would start. There is an internet full of people willing to take advantage of the uniformed. The worst are the ones that go after the elderly, those in mourning or the ignorant. I'd say if you want to "save" people start there, otherwise, leave people alone.

For me to PM people who have posted "I will take it" on posts that are selling 1000 round packs of XM193 for $600? When I PM them I simply say "just so you know, Bimart has this exact same 1000 round bulk pack of XM193 for $399.99"
Did you realize that on 4/22/13 you were asking exactally the same ammount .60 cents per round for your .223 pmc that I was buying last season at bi mart on sale for 5.99 a box? As it might not be inapproiate you might want to pm yourself.

Did you realize that on 4/22/13 you were asking exactally the same ammount .60 cents per round for your .223 pmc that I was buying last season at bi mart on sale for 5.99 a box? As it might not be inapproiate you might want to pm yourself.

CLASSIC!
A slam dunk bubblegum slap if ever I read one. Kudos to you Sir, masterfully done.

Do we want this forum to be full of scalping gougers, or do we want this place full of good people sharing their love of firearms!

On that note I say... DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is ridiculousness. It's like watching high school kids try and sell weed, all for a quick buck!

It's destroying this forum too. It's been legitimately cheaper to not buy off this forum for some time now. The only people here are scalpers!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top