JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ryobi even has mini 110V converters for their 40V line

we lost power last night due to winds

grabbed the inverters, slapped a charged 5AH battery in and ran one on the router/computer and one for the TV
used the 3rd one to power the wireless phones and lights
Life is Good

Retired from the trades, I am inundated with tools. I've tried many times to sell them. Nobody seems to want to buy them, but folks sure like to borrow them.:s0060:

It's probably not a bad predicament for me to be in. I guess I'm resigned to let my kids worry about giving them to the Goodwill when I check out.

you're 90% sure to get it back broken. If you're lucky, all it will need is a new chain.
Both times the lendee hit stone or dirt and ruined the blade, one had the chain brake jammed forward so hard, not sure how he got it that way.
Add lawn mowers to that too. Lent one to a neighbor, and they bent the crankshaft. How the F do you bend a cast-iron crankshaft -- what do you have to hit to make that happen !?? That sucker shook like a motor that's thrown a rod.

Both times the lendee hit stone or dirt and ruined the blade,

I have two Stihl chain saws, one is a 16 inch, the other a 20. Oh, and I have one Homelite electric for special, small jobs. I never lend any of these. One time years ago, a friend lent his chain saw out. He didn't have foreknowledge that they were gonna use it to cut out tree stumps.

How the F do you bend a cast-iron crankshaft -

Crankshaft, isn't that a steel forging? An iron crank in a mower would be apt to break rather than bend. It isn't that difficult to bend one, actually. If a big rock or something similar is hit, that can do it. Shaking as badly as you describe, that's a bad bend. I've used mowers before that had mildly bend cranks.

I don't buy new mowers anymore. I have been able to get them at yard sales or the Goodwill Outlet Store for next to nothing, maybe make minor repairs to get them going. Then use 'til they drop. They are the one item of power equipment that I find rather expendable. I bought a new Honda mower around 1989. That was an expensive machine in money that was worth a lot more than it is now. But the older ones are better made, I'm told. I used this one for about 20 years, then gave it to my son who has a real lawn. All I have is moss and dandelions. And the occasional glacial til round rock. For my purposes, junker lawn mowers are good enough. Actually, my mowers are used more as debris/leaf vacuum cleaners.

I guess I'm resigned to let my kids worry about giving them to the Goodwill when I check out.
Maybe you meant that as sarcasm, but I find a deep, sad truth in that. I have a 24" Rigid spanner wrench that my kids would have no idea what to do with. I use it 3-4x per year on odd tasks and consider it an essential tool in my box.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top