JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Speaking of tote storage...

Screenshot_20240119-122706_Facebook.jpg

I like the sterilite clear totes for extra parts and mags. I use removable labels for labeling totes of ammo cans. Easily removable if I reorganize anything. I also bought 4mil zip lock bags in different sizes to accommodate parts or collector mags etc. Amazon has the labels. Ebay has bulk heavy duty zip lock bags.

Speaking of tote storage...

View attachment 1805513
I tried something similar. It works well for light weight storage, but a few years in the tubs deformed and fell if they had much weight in them. And when I tried to buy new tubs they had changed the design and the new ones did not fit the rack. I ended up making shelf boards to fit the rack. I was storing brass and bullets in them. DR

I'm lucky enough to have a dedicated "hobby" room, but I'm a little ocd about keeping things organized. Here's what's worked well for me...
-peg board & hooks. I love peg board! I have mine setup to where I have all of my firearms maintenance and build tools in open sight and within reach. I also use it to hang my most commonly used mags and holsters.
--Magnets and 3d printed mag holders. I've had great luck with strong magnetic sheets or strips for steel mags like 1911 mags for example, they hold firm even the mags are fully loaded.. seems like anything can be 3d printed these days, I recently picked up these double stack and 10/22 mag holders for.next to nothing on ebay, extremely happy with them so far.

-organizing the safes is somthing I'm still working on, but I'm pretty sure I'm a fan of lockdown products door holsters and pistol racks.

Screenshot_20240307_001837_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20240306_234816_Photos.jpg Screenshot_20240306_234735_Photos.jpg

Work in progress (the safe/organization that is). Picked up an ole Craftsman rolling cart with the two drawers, use the two drawers for magazine storage.

5-gallon buckets of brass for the more common calibers (green = 45ACP, red = 9mm, yellow = 40 S&W, blue = 5.56/223 - no particular reason to use specific colors with specific calibers like that, just the way it's worked out). Plastic shoe boxes from Bi-Mart for less common calibers like 45 Colt, 41 Mag, etc. Things like 10mm, 38 Spl, 357 Mag, 44 Mag there is more than can bel held in those plastic shoe boxes and not enough for a 5-gallon bucket, so still kinda lost on that, have been using those medium size black plastic totes from Bi-Mart and they seem OK, they're sturdier than the shoeboxes, but also hold more = get heavier. Two gallon buckets seem to work too, but I've only ever had white.

IMG_2249.jpeg IMG_2705.jpeg

Last Edited:
... Things like 10mm, 38 Spl, 357 Mag, 44 Mag there is more than can bel held in those plastic shoe boxes and not enough for a 5-gallon bucket, so still kinda lost on that, have been using those medium size black plastic totes from Bi-Mart and they seem OK, they're sturdier than the shoeboxes, but also hold more = get heavier. Two gallon buckets seem to work too, but I've only ever had white...

I use 5 gallon buckets as you note above. Some bagged in the buckets by brass manufacturer, some yet to be sorted (if ever).

For smaller brass storage, either due to caliber -OR- various stage of "in process", on to completely processed & "ready" I use #10 metal cans ("standard" size metal Costco coffee can/"standard" size metal freeze dried/LTS foods can).

Also a few #5 size cans ("standard" Costco roasted peanut can) for odd ball brass & rejects found while reloading (like a mini trash can underneath bench).

-FYI, in case anyone reading uses anything normally in there everyday that comes in #10's or #5's.

-Other handy containers are the cube shaped clear plastic that "bulk" M&M's come in (also Costco). Have a screw top lid. Convenient & easily repurposed for much.

Edit: I process a #10 size can worth at a time in my Frankford Arsenal wet tumbler, so it also helps me there. Volume/number/time wise.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR