JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Harbor freight had the small ammo cans on sale, just bought a bunch. With separate mags, parts accessories into various cans with labels.
I did the ammo can thing for a bit. Was never really satisfied with the concept though.

Can't remember what it was now, but I had something I needed to get put away. My wife had a small clear tote with lid so I jacked it. Worked out so well I made the switch and went that route with everything that needed it.

I did the ammo can thing for a bit. Was never really satisfied with the concept though.

Can't remember what it was now, but I had something I needed to get put away. My wife had a small clear tote with lid so I jacked it. Worked out so well I made the switch and went that route with everything that needed it.
I use the totes for my magazines.

I use the totes for my magazines.
You use totes, that's cute… I use the Binford Maximus XL Man Stuff containers Ohh Ohh Ohh

And before you studs ask, yes I need a couple of manly men to safely bring them to floor level from the top of the 6 foot cabinet.
I tried it once and I will never replicate that scene again. Ugghhhh

D31523B1-776A-43B2-B5D2-A25A3CB0005A.jpeg

You use totes, that's cute… I use the Binford Maximus XL Man Stuff containers Ohh Ohh Ohh

And before you studs ask, yes I need a couple of manly men to safely bring them to floor level from the top of the 6 foot cabinet.

View attachment 1804889
Kind of overkill for only a few magazines isn't it? :s0140:

If you use a ladder, make sure to practice safe ladder technique. Strap in for steps greater than 4'.

View attachment 1804889
Wow Jim. That's a lot of pron.

What crowds a safe are the scopes. Makes them hard to fit together.

My rifles, magazines and ammo-- I have used the plastic colored tapes that are often used to mark electrical wires. A strip around the bottom of the magazine, same color on the backup ammo cans, and a strip around the magwell. This will keep you from shoving a 300 BO into a 5.56 barrel and then trying to get it out.

Pistols and mags-- The extra mags are either put back into the box or into plastic bags with a cardboard note inside to read through. I will also use an etching pen to write down the spine of the mag denoting what pistol it fits.

I have a label maker and print the gun make on the mag baseplate. It makes it easier to dig through the drawer full of magazines.

Do you have an old raised letter one or the newer smooth label one?

Curious how the stickers hold up over time.
I have both and the labels that I have for the raised letter adhesives, they do not hold up well overtime unless you glue them when they fall off. The other kind I generally take clear packing tape and put it over the top of it so it's definitely going to stay on the ammo can.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews