JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
How do you organize all your gun stuff?

I mean handguns and rifles arranged in the safe, but there is lots of other stuff.

How do you organize mags? Loaded and unloaded?

Accessories? Replaced triggers, extra parts, batteries, charging cables etc

Gun boxes- the stuff guns and accessories came in.

Bags, packs etc for transport and load outs.

Tools

Anything else I missed.

Catalyst is I moved my safe and put a small each next to it for ammo but have a some extra room.

Until now everything has either been in the safe or just shoved in a closet.

I'm thinking of some extra harbor freight ammo cans and labeling for various things.
I currently use like 6-8 mags actively per gun that I use in rotation and quite a few more in a box just stored away to future proof.

Thanks for your thought.

Magazines are the most inconvenient gun item to figure out. I have been using a mix of ammo cans, various mtm crates, tool bags and a couple apache (harbor freight) boxes. Nothing really works perfectly. The military 40mm grenade belt cans fit AK mags pretty good. But holy crap , they're heavy with loaded ,steel surplus mags inside.

My safe has long guns on one side, handguns and important papers on the other. The rest of the stuff is scattered about the house and shop.

Organized is probably not the best word to describe my stuff in general...

Do you have an organizational method? Alas, no. Am I actively working on one? Yes, very much so. New safe coming to replace old later this week, as well as a better organizer for magazines. :s0155:

Guns....
Modern rifles and shotguns are on one side of the safe...
Modern handguns , ammo and magazines on the other side of the safe.
If my at the moment "house gun" has a magazine...the magazine will be loaded.
My "house gun " changes at my whim or time of year or...just for whatever reason.... :D

Muzzle loaders , old knives , tomahawks , spears , bow / arrows , and a sword are in my library...
Or all together with rendezvous / camping / hunting gear...most of which is interchangeable..since I use my rendezvous gear for camping and hunting.
Andy

Magazines are the most inconvenient gun item to figure out.
I agree with @Knobgoblin.

RE: Storage of Magazines

81FLbU-ev9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I use one of these hanging closet shoe holders with mesh pockets so it's easy to see what's inside each pouch.

I've got it hanging next to my gun safe. Mine has 4 pouches across and six down on both sides (48 separate pouches). There are a couple of pouches where I have up to 10 mags in a pouch (single-stack 45 ACP, 22LR) so the pouches aren't small.

Mags are easily and immediately accessible and all in the same place.

Also, these are SUPER CHEAP so when pockets start to get torn out after a couple of years, just drop another $15 for a new one.

TWYLALTR

Cheers.

Last Edited:
Do you have an organizational method? Alas, no. Am I actively working on one? Yes, very much so. New safe coming to replace old later this week, as well as a better organizer for magazines. :s0155:
I wouldn't do a "replace my safe", I'd do a "to compliment my safe". :D
If I had room for another one, I'd have it! I'm actually trying to figure out how I can do that.

I have several long gun safes, one handgun safe, and a few file cabinets that hold mags holsters and spare parts for each gun. The only problem with storing them separately is I'm the only one that knows where everything is. I also have ammo that is tailored to some of the antiques. Maybe I need to rethink this. DR

Depending on how many magazines you have, these little zippered pouches are nice.

If you can keep track of where you put the pouches….

View attachment 1802434

View attachment 1802435
A while back I bought some kind of tool package from Mac tools that included a tool bag. About 12x5" footprint, zippered top with two sling handles. holds a 6 or 7 AR mags and a couple of boxes of handgun ammo easily. It stays near the safe, full. Very handy.

How do you organize all your gun stuff?

I mean handguns and rifles arranged in the safe, but there is lots of other stuff.

How do you organize mags? Loaded and unloaded?

Accessories? Replaced triggers, extra parts, batteries, charging cables etc

Gun boxes- the stuff guns and accessories came in.

Bags, packs etc for transport and load outs.

Tools

Anything else I missed.

Catalyst is I moved my safe and put a small each next to it for ammo but have a some extra room.

Until now everything has either been in the safe or just shoved in a closet.

I'm thinking of some extra harbor freight ammo cans and labeling for various things.
I currently use like 6-8 mags actively per gun that I use in rotation and quite a few more in a box just stored away to future proof.

Thanks for your thought.
Great question. The struggle is real. I was just watching this video and there are some neat ideas.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hpGU8x9R5E

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR