JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is why I only accept USPS money orders for any non FTF items. So lets say you use Gunpal to make things easy, the buyer pays Gunpal instantly and you are on hook to send the product, now you wait 1 to 2 months for a check? How is that a convenience? I get a money order in a 2 to 3 days from the east coast and no product goes out until that money order has been cashed and what's really cool is I can cash it when I'm at the post office to ship the item.

This has always been the problem with 3pp's (3rd party processors) most if not all other than Paypal have end up going in the dumper and taking peoples money with them.

In the end all a 3PP is is a guy with a credit card machine/account taking in transactions for the person who has no direct way to take credit cards.

Any business that does enough volume to justify the monthly CC account fees that still uses 3pp's is nuts when they can just get a real CC account and cut out the middle man. Anyone not large enough to justify a Credit card machine/account should be accepting USPS money orders only.

Then there is always Western Union, in spite of the country of Nigeria it is still a viable option for instant payment. ;)

I'm not sure if it has been discussed yet.
Apparently there are some issues. Be careful who you use to process your online transactions.

GPal - Calguns.net

I'll admit, I used GunPal once. I'm scared to do it now though.............

In another of my hobbies that was black balled from using Paypal because it was against Paypals TOS I saw many 3PP's spring up and eventually end up in the same position that Gunpal is in right now and without exception once they got to the point where Gunpal is now they never recovered and eventually people lost their money.

My guess is their snowball is just starting to roll down hill. As much as I like the idea and hate to be a killjoy against a Gun friendly business we must consider that people getting burned by one of our own will be more of a black eye that warning against them.

This is one of the reasons this site has withstood the calls to switch from Paypal to Gunpal. I really wanted to see them succeed but they were too new and I just didn't have the confidence in them I needed to do business. The sad truth is we would not receive the majority of our donations if we didn't accept Paypal, either through people being reluctant to mail a check or money order or because people are more likely to donate existing money in their Paypal accounts.

I dont see what's wrong with using paypal. I have been a member since they first started way back in the day. I have only ever had one issue with them with hundreds if not thousands of transactions. With firearm sales just be discrete that's all. I am glad I never did the gunpal thing though.

Some people, myself included, don't like doing business with 'anti-gun' businesses, which Paypal is. Unfortunately, it's not always black and white when it comes to things like this, because that particular anti-gun business is one of the reasons this site is able to exist :(

Hey I know I don't post too often but I will say last time I used them a couple months ago I had issues...I really think that these guys are really trying to clean up a mess, the guy actually called me at home...but that being said no one wants a 1000 bucks floating out there on a deal but at the same time I want to see them be successful ...I think it is a growing pain issue along with trusting a third party payer they departed company with...the Gun Community needs some good alternatives, but right now I prefer either USPS or Visa.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top