JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OMG!

I just read what you wrote and I was busy TYPING my long post out with my arthritic fingers!

Same wavelength!

Take care.

Cate
My goodness (if any), even that is controversial nowadays.

"You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time"."

― John Lydgate

Point made, I guess. Q: What is the expected threat? And why are we instructed to shoot center mass? Center of what mass? A snake's mass? Tin can? 2 Liter bottle?

So do we shoot cadavers of varying races? What?
Did a shooting class down here at an indoor range and one of the exercises had the BG target face you at about 20 yards and then suddenly move towards you. You had to draw and put 5 shots into 'him' before he reached the 4 yard line. Its certainly a different perspective to shooting at a static target. Changes one's outlook.

Not an actor nor do I play one on TV...
Good actors with every fiber of their being try not to be the same character over and over again.
They aspire to transform themselves into another completely different person in each film.

DD
Who finds Papa Murphy's take 'n bake pizza to be similar to pizza but definitely not actual pizza.
The great preponderance of actors completely fail at transforming their own personalities from one show to the next. I think that's the reason they are hired to do specific roles, the producers/directors know what to expect and don't have to work as hard.

For instance, Tom Cruise, an "actor" I completely loathe and refuse to watch any of his movies. He is the same person in every role.

I can't act for chit. But I have been on stage with trained local talent that really can, and when they turn it on it's amazing. One gal was able to smile at me as tho she really liked me... a young 20s something gal and an old phck... it reached all the way into her sparkling eyes. Now THATs acting!!!

I love Papa Murphy's pizza and think they mostly get it right (esp on the big gooey combo)... compared to all the local eateries and esp places like Pizza Hut/Dominos/Cesars/Iggy's/etc. The real pizza is made at home by real Italians like my Jr HS friend's mom... deep dish. She was so Italian and always insisted I have something to eat when I visited him. My best USCG buddy and his wife are blonde Italians from the north country... she makes a Manicotti to die for!!!

Did a shooting class down here at an indoor range and one of the exercises had the BG target face you at about 20 yards and then suddenly move towards you. You had to draw and put 5 shots into 'him' before he reached the 4 yard line. Its certainly a different perspective to shooting at a static target. Changes one's outlook.
Our local IDPA club does lots of scenarios/drills like the one you mention. We shoot sitting down at a table, tying our shoes, carrying a grocery bag (trains you to drop whatever you are carrying... a common malfunction in real gunfights), laying down, backing up, moving forward, moving to the side, behind cover, moving to cover, thru a car windshield, and lots of other ways things tend to happen in real life. IMO it's cheap training and fun.

I love Papa Murphy's pizza and think they mostly get it right (esp on the big gooey combo)...
Papa Murphy's recently sent me the signal they didn't want my business any more. Jacked the price for a large to $20.99. We'll still get it on the cheap day/specials once in awhile. But no tips! I figure they had to up their wages to get the little tender snowflakes to show up to work.

Call me Craaaazy, but we like the Wild Mike's. It's not really pizza as you've come to know it, but I found I enjoy the thicker, more bread like crust. Ad a little onion, cheeses maybe, green pepper. I don't go overboard with ad-ons. It's only $5.00!

Papa Murphy's recently sent me the signal they didn't want my business any more. Jacked the price for a large to $20.99. We'll still get it on the cheap day/specials once in awhile. But no tips! I figure they had to up their wages to get the little tender snowflakes to show up to work.
We only buy the Tues $12 large pizza. You must be talkin Family size for it to be that much dough. Can't afford to eat like that very often... they opened a new Panda Express here... we tried it and the meal, for two, cost us $24... for that price I can eat at the fab local Chinese sit down restaurant. If the wife wasn't so paranoid about covid that is...

Call me Craaaazy, but we like the Wild Mike's. It's not really pizza as you've come to know it, but I found I enjoy the thicker, more bread like crust. Ad a little onion, cheeses maybe, green pepper. I don't go overboard with ad-ons. It's only $5.00!
Call me "I have no idea what Wild Mike's is"!!

Sometimes we get Papa Murpy's (Papa Aldo's for those that remember) because we are a small town and we have limited options.

Over-priced for what it is (to me - my wife and I can and do make better from scratch), but they keep selling it, so I guess NOT over-priced.

We only buy the Tues $12 large pizza. You must be talkin Family size for it to be that much dough. Can't afford to eat like that very often... they opened a new Panda Express here... we tried it and the meal, for two, cost us $24... for that price I can eat at the fab local Chinese sit down restaurant. If the wife wasn't so paranoid about covid that is...

Call me "I have no idea what Wild Mike's is"!!
No! That's for a large! I was blown away. Like 6 months ago A large had gone up to $15.99. We always had coupons that came with the Wednesday ads in the mail. Or pizza Tuesdays, or the cheap pizza of the week.

Safeway should have them. Worth a shot for that money. For the record. Over the years I've always thought frozen pizza's were complete crap. They are not like delivery, they are not authentic, they are garbage. JMO. however I've always enjoys cheap date night with Totino's, dressed up of course. And now Wild Mike's

aultImage=Not_Available&defaultImage=Not_Available.jpg

You talking Mo's Dynasty? That's where we'd eat when we were coming back home from Salt Lake. Old school family "Chinese Food"! We'd walk from the luxurious Royal Motor Inn. Or we'd eat at Bud Jackson's.

If it's an NRA class then no, shouldn't be "humanoid" targets.
Except the NRA CCW (concealed handgun) class, this class uses IDPA or USPA targets.
With a similar group that I discussed earlier regarding the t-shirts (post #102); I did a similar drill using a moving target approaching them. I've seen this done in the past and, with less experienced shooters, they can turn into VERY bad shots, even though technically the target is getting easier to hit since it is getting "bigger." I was pleased to see that the group put their training to practice and shot at the approaching targets very well. It is satisfying to see when folks who train even semi-regularly benefit from their efforts.

Maybe it is just me, but I don't look at Marksmanship and Self-Defense as the same thing.

In my head, it looks like this:

Marksmanship is the ability to put projectiles where I want them when I want them to be there. Be it a paper target, a sporting clay or a tweaker.

Self-Defense is being able to protect your person and get home alive.

-----------------------------------

As I am walking down the street, I see potential threats, avenues of escape, etc. The Self-Defense part of my brain is scanning and evaluating and generally just being aware of what is happening all around me. It is this Self-Defense mindset that I will use to avoid conflict at nearly all costs. I am not thinking about others as humans - they are either benign or a threat, period.

If someone puts me in the position of no longer having a peaceful option, then THEIR actions will push me from SD to Marksmanship.

Except the NRA CCW (concealed handgun) class, this class uses IDPA or USPA targets.

With a similar group that I discussed earlier regarding the t-shirts (post #102); I did a similar drill using a moving target approaching them. I've seen this done in the past and, with less experienced shooters, they can turn into VERY bad shots, even though technically the target is getting easier to hit since it is getting "bigger." I was pleased to see that the group put their training to practice and shot at the approaching targets very well. It is satisfying to see when folks who train even semi-regularly benefit from their efforts.
All a matter of being a different perspective. Easy to shoot a flat hanging target but having one move toward you helps one understand what might be.

No! That's for a large!
Well crap, that sucks. That wouldn't work for me!!

Safeway should have them. Worth a shot for that money. For the record. Over the years I've always thought frozen pizza's were complete crap. They are not like delivery, they are not authentic, they are garbage. JMO. however I've always enjoys cheap date night with Totino's, dressed up of course. And now Wild Mike's
I rarely shop at Safeway, but will try to remember for next time I am there. Meanwhile, I do enjoy garbage Totino's for <$2. And I get the Red Baron 3 pack pepperoni at Grocery Outlet for $8.99.

You talking Mo's Dynasty? That's where we'd eat when we were coming back home from Salt Lake. Old school family "Chinese Food"! We'd walk from the luxurious Royal Motor Inn. Or we'd eat at Bud Jackson's.
Moy's Dynasty, yes. Still run by the same family that bought it out from Quincy Fong. Best Chinese in a town of 13k that has 7 chinese food places, not including Safeway deli (Panda Express and Safeway deli are about the same price and quality). Lunch there is still under $7. I don't eat at Bud Jackson's since I retired. I don't enjoy the bar atmosphere and their cook is always waaaaaaayyyyyyy too slow. Food was good tho. When it used to be The Eastside Tavern, we went there for lunch at least once a week for broasted chicken and jojos.

The Papa Murphy's Chicago Stuffed pizza is the knees of the bees. It's a weeks worth of calories per slice, so we don't partake often, but no other chain joint tops it.

I've made my own dough before, but it's a bit of a chore, I'm not big on baking. The Haggen around me has some fresh dough balls you can buy and form your own crusts. We use those frequently.

Home made BBQ Chicken pizza on the grill is hard to beat.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top