JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I wanted to keep this topic gun related. Obama said that the easy availability of AR-15 rifles is turning otherwise innocent Muslims into terrorists. This truck attack in France has resulted in a Casualty rate that far exceeds anything we have seen in any gun related terrorist or even "non-terrorist" attack in this country. In fact, I don't believe there has been a terrorist attack since 9/11 (in the US, that is) that has resulted in as many dead people as today's truck attack in France.

Considering that Clinton is going to vigorously attempt to pass an AWB when she gets elected and California successfully passed a semi auto and ammo ban (in response to San Bernardino) based on the primary basis that it promotes terrorism. I am thinking with today's attack in France, by us focusing on banning the very weapons that could have stopped such an attack, we are actually endangering the lives of our citizens and promoting even worse terrorist attacks.

Let's face it, guns are one of the lease prevalent and effective tools used in terrorist attacks around the world. In fact, cars and bombs have caused more mayhem around the world and are very easy to produce and use by terrorist minded people.

I am interested to hear other people's views on this issue.

For all those folks who say it's ok to ban this gun or that gun or maybe it is ok to register all guns or do more background checks then tell me how that truck with its license plates, vehicle inspection, drivers license of the driver and insurance stopped a DAM thing. CAN YOU.

So giving your rights away in the name of a false since of safety is just stupid.

Bad people will do bad things no matter what restriction or laws you put on it, so guess what folks get used to it because the world is no longer and never really was a safe place.

Assault is a funny word meaning "to make a physical attack on" and you do not even have to touch some one, just show physical threat.

Weapon is anything thing designed or used for inflicting bodily harm or physical damage.

Combine these two words and anything used to physically attack some is an assault weapon. Trucks, planes, cars, bats, screw drivers and yes guns in fact by definition all guns not just ARs, AKs but hand guns, shotguns and bolt action guns are assault weapons.

So the next time you consider legislation about any gun laws think about this, they look at all guns as "assault weapons" not just ARs or AKs they are just the easiest to go for as they look scary but when they are gone they will move to the next one maybe shot guns and then the next one till they are all gone!

They have an agenda do we.

I was in a gun store yesterday and an older man was buying a bolt action 30-06 next to the section of AR on the wall and he was loudly complaining why anybody needed an AR he was in the military and did not feel they where needed.

I got mad but I politely asked him why anyone needed a bolt action 30-06 as it was the assault weapon of WW1 and the beginning of WW2 and has killed more people than ARs. He shut up and later the clerk thanked me.

If we as gun owners cannot agree on what is good or bad then we are doomed.

as·sault
əˈsôlt/
verb
verb: assault; 3rd person present: assaults; past tense: assaulted; past participle: assaulted; gerund or present participle: assaulting

1. 1.

make a physical attack on.

"he pleaded guilty to assaulting a police officer"
synonyms:
attack, hit, strike, punch, beat up, thump; More
· attack or bombard (someone or the senses) with something undesirable or unpleasant.
"her right ear was assaulted with a tide of music"
· carry out a military attack or raid on (an enemy position).
"they left their strong position to assault the hill"

synonyms:
attack, assail, pounce on, set upon, strike, fall on, swoop on, rush, storm, besiege
"they regrouped to assault the hill"
· rape.

weap·on

ˈwepən/

noun
noun: weapon; plural noun: weapons
1. a thing designed or used for inflicting bodily harm or physical damage.
"nuclear weapons"
o a means of gaining an advantage or defending oneself in a conflict or contest.
"resignation threats had long been a weapon in his armory"

Last Edited:
It seems to me that organized religion is to blame for most of this worlds problems since day one. Buddhism is the only one that I can think of that is truly passive in it's teachings, as all the rest have an eye for eye or death to all infidels at their core beliefs.

JBett, I will have to disagree with your post here. In fact, Organized Humans have caused the majority of the problems since the beginning of the world.

And, in fact, organized Atheism, under the name of Communism was responsible for the mass murders of more people in the 20th century than any other organized belief (or non-belief) system.

Many of my relatives back in Russia were killed by the Communist government. It was against the law for them to talk in their native language or worship their God and practice their religion as it was considered as a threat to the sovereignty o the state and leadership. Yes, I have had relatives who spent their final days in a gulag in Siberia. Compliments of Stalin.

Whether people are fanatical Islamists, Atheists (of Commie variety) or Jesuits they can use their set of principles in a way to empower themselves and hurt people. This is human nature. Humans always hide behind some philosophy, theology or set of rules as a means to divert themselves from their ulterior motives and corrupt desires. This doesn't mean the philosophy, theology or set of principles, in itself, are wrong. It is how human interpret them and apply them.

On the other hand, there are plenty of religious and organized religious people who don't go around massacring innocent people. I haven't seen a lot of terrorist attacks committed by Evangelical Christians or Catholics here in USA or Europe. At least not in the last 200 years. And, in fact, some sects of Buddhists have attacked people, although inherently Buddhism is a very peaceful religion. Islam, does blatantly declare for the extermination of all non-Muslims (Kaffirs) through a Jihad (Holy War). Religious teachings like this, unfortunately, are very destructive and dangerous.

Anyway, I don't want to divert this into a religious debate to avoid the thread getting locked or removed.

According to the Democrats as of now, AR-15s are causing a terrorism problem in the USA. Obviously, they are using terrorism as an excuse to disarm Americans. While, at the same time, they are advocating for 100,000s of refugees from war-torn nations saturated with terrorist activity to come and immigrate here and on our tax dollar. It is a very sick and sadistic type of government we have.

And, yes, we laugh about them banning trucks, but believe me, give these fascists time and you will need special papers to be outside past 9PM at night. Perhaps the government will eventually make driving a U-Haul truck require special security clearance, background checks and special certification and training courses, etc. Nazi Germany imposed heavy regulations and monitoring on almost every aspect of life. All this, of course, was for the protection of the people from themselves.

4Freedom you beat me to the punch line so I will just add a few thoughts.

Organize religion is nothing more than a patsy the hatred of man has been around from the beginning of man. If this was true then all the killings in Chicago are because of religion and not drug/gang related.

Would that be the "Wholly church of get off my turf"

Many bad folks do not need religion but some do use it as an excuse to gain power and kill but if not religion they will find something else.

Even atheism is a religion if not they why do the push their views and beliefs so hard on everyone else.

Once again it was a truck.

Oklahoma City bombing - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com (http://www.history.com/topics/oklahoma-city-bombing)

shutterstock_1826391.jpg

Do AR15's turn people into terrorists?
Why dosen't someone ask the thousands of people who legally own and shoot the AR15 series of rifles and never commit crimes while doing so ...
I would think the numbers would be greater on the lawful side than on the terrorists side.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads