JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
LMAO!!

That's why I'm ambivalent on gay marriage... on one hand it's a traditional union between opposite sexes, but on the other hand why shouldn't they be as miserable as the rest of us! ;):D

:s0108:
And knowing how catty and b*tchy some of them can be... I'll bet the Divorce Court proceedings are more fun than a barrel of monkeys. :p

Also brings to mind a song that shows up this time of year about another well-known stalker:

He sees you when you're sleeping
He knows when you're awake
He knows when you've been bad or good
So be good for goodness sake!

Regardless of what the artist intends as the meaning for a work of art, what it means to the person who partakes of it is simply how that person interprets it.

I like to think of "Every Breath" as a loving father watching his young child. I could care less how Sting meant it - that is his thing, not mine.

I remember back in the 60's when the moral police-adults? would play rock records backwards, forwards and at different speeds to try and find the dirty words and the subliminal messages they were sure they contained. My favorite was "Louie.Louie" by Vancouver's own Kingsmen. They swore he was sprouting profanity when actually it was the poor acoustics, bad mike placement and the fact the lead singer wore braces only made it appear so.

I remember back in the 60's when the moral police-adults? would play rock records backwards, forwards and at different speeds to try and find the dirty words and the subliminal messages they were sure they contained. My favorite was "Louie.Louie" by Vancouver's own Kingsmen. They swore he was sprouting profanity when actually it was the poor acoustics, bad mike placement and the fact the lead singer wore braces only made it appear so.
Even Berke Breathed made a cartoon related to Louie Louie :D

bloom-county-president-LOUIE-large.jpg

Music was a huge part of my life before I lost the majority of my hearing in 1995, especially 60, 70 & 80's ROCK N ROLL.

Anyways, songs have always had subliminal messages but Rush was way out there if you could understand what the bubblegum Getty Lee was sayin.....o_O:):):)

Agreed, music is huge in my life too. I am at a stage where I am getting some good equipment for my move to Central Oregon in a couple years.

Songs have huge subliminal messages, and some are just out right gibberish per their composers. Most lyrics are written secondary to the melodies. The guitar riffs, chord progressions and chord changes, and different runs are all usually put together well before the lyrics. The lyrics are usually put together after a lot of bong hits, dropping acid and heavy alcohol consumption, and are some how made to fit the melodies. Tom Johnson from The Doobies, Ran Manzarek from The Doors all have said that.

Geddy Lee, outside of being one of the best musicians to ever play is a wizard on the 4 string bass, who sings soprano ( that's weird) is an amazing composer who really weaves some pretty interesting lyrics. You have to admit for a 3 man band, they produce a great sound. Trying to understand the lyrics is all part of the fun and you can read just about anything into most songs.

I like Rush, they are no Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd nor even Judas Priest for that matter
...but the group I really can't stand is Journey...just something about those twits...

Brutus Out

I am not a Journey fan, not at all. My daughter was born by C-Section after nearly 44 hours of labor. Journey 's Small Town Girl was playing in the operating room when she was born, and the background noise for her first cry and me getting to hold her. Still not Journey fan, but that song is very special to me.

Yea, Some music you just gotta wonder what the heck was going on! Blue Oyster Cult being a big one! Shootin Shark, Still have no clue what that is about, but love it none the less! TOTO IS still one of the very best in my book! Real meaning in the music and still sounds awesome!

ugh, 70's prog rock and british post punk...

If rush really wanted my respect, they would have taken the lead singer and tossed him in a wood chipper instead of letting him in the band. I've seen lots of academic arguments for why rush's music is talented and created by skilled musicians. I've yet to see any proof of it actually being good or listenable. Arguably, you could compare this to say... the Misfits, who were largely a terrible band that launched the career of marginal musician and terrible gardener Glenn Danzig. That said, at the very least it's entirely possible that nearly anyone with a head full of hard liquor can manage the lyrics to "last caress" or "mommy can I go out and kill tonight" and feel relatively energized by the performance. Even if the music is over-all not very imaginative, well written, or performed, it connects deeply with the visceral urges that have been genetically hard-wired into the male brain. Conversely, if I am forced to listen to rush drone on about how the real tom sawyer gets high on you, I'm quite likely to return to my more basic form of problem solving that's done entirely at the point of a spear.

Also, the original topic is in fact the semi-official anthem of the police state.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top