JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Boy we sure have a lot of Craig's list tire kickers on this site as of late

Used to be if you say I'll Take you did.

Unless some unsuspecting reason got in the way

Not anymore

Rant over

That's unfortunate and very frustrating. I haven't run into flakes yet on this site, though I fear about them more often than I'd like...

Boy we sure have a lot of Craig's list tire kickers on this site as of late

Used to be if you say I'll Take you did.

Unless some unsuspecting reason got in the way

Not anymore

Rant over
Sadly when you have the "net" you get that. :s0092:
Back when we could still buy and sell this happened to me all the time. Someone would call, agree, set a time, never show up no call. Its why I don't bother trying to set up meets at some shop. Bad enough I wait for someone who never shows to my home. No way I feel like driving to some dealer to have them not show. If I sell anything now I will just do it through a dealer and let them take their cut.

will take it.jpg

SO I got this message From a long time member Last Sunday

Sunday at 5:03 PM
I'll take this

Clearly it's M/T words don't mean nuttin

He's not responding to multiple Messages I hate EFFFFING TIRE KICKERS

Got's me another one ( I'll Take It ) I respond suggest and place to meet based on his logistics and zero reply's
so I said on this site we are all brothers when you say ( I'LL Take It ) you do what you say still no reply's and based on his
Member last seen times he has seen my messages I effing hate tire kickers
I'm going to start blocking these CLOWNS so I don't deal with this sort of down the road

Tire kickers are a big reason I like to sell to a dealer when I'm fine with a gun. Yes, I get less money, however I have my money quickly and only make one stop to do so. No tire kickers and no wasted time

Tire kickers are a big reason I like to sell to a dealer when I'm fine with a gun. Yes, I get less money, however I have my money quickly and only make one stop to do so. No tire kickers and no wasted time
I'm talking ammo, gun parts , trinkets not complete fires arms

I've generally had really good luck with people once they've used the magic words "I'll take it" …. but it's the very last one ended up being sort of a piece of work. Said he'd take it, then no response for nearly a week, then when trying to arrange time/place got messages like "I'll message ya later, we'll get together eventually" and made excuses along the lines of "yeah I'm not too responsive because this site isn't really on my radar." So put it on your radar if you're serious about buying it! Then when we finally meet up, he ends up in the dreaded queue (in around 1000th place) and refuses to pay me till he clears, even though I said I'd even be willing to take my gun back and return his money if something went wrong (which is waaay more accommodating than most sellers would be), but no… so then we had to arrange a second meeting some 4 days later.

With sales here, I fairly regularly get a "I'll take it", then a retraction. The more entertaining ones are those with a timestamp of late evening/wee hours, followed by a retraction after sunrise. :s0155:

The last 2 deals I was the buyer and drove 90 min for a meet up for the first one, guy ended up a no show and got back to me hours later with a excuse of being out of service and items being sold even thought we had set time the night before. Second one was no show also, he's never been back on the site since then. The rest of my deals have been great

I' Then when we finally meet up, he ends up in the dreaded queue (in around 1000th place) and refuses to pay me till he clears, even though I said I'd even be willing to take my gun back and return his money if something went wrong (which is waaay more accommodating than most sellers would be), but no… so then we had to arrange a second meeting some 4 days later.
You were very accomodating. I have bought and sold numerous times and the money always exchanges hands before the background.

Since AL went pay to play, I've had this happen few times. Even had it happen with a good standing, long time member I've done deals with before. The internet has taken away a lot of people's integrity.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top