JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Anyway, misses is on the way home so time to go see John Wick 3! Remeber saying racist stuff isnt illegal, but doesn't mean someone isn't gonna kick your bubblegum for it. ;)

Good movie. I agree just because ill let you say it doesn't mean I have to pull the person you insult off when their kicking their persons ignore bubblegum.

Webster has this to say about the word "Misdemeanor":
"A minor wrongdoing"
I personally would hate to lose any of my rights over a "minor wrongdoing".

Should "Hate Crimes " make one ineligible to own a firearm...?
Maybe...If they are in the same class of crimes or conditions that already exist that makes one ineligible to own a firearm.

Like many firearm laws...this one seems like a good idea on paper , yet not so good in practical use.
And yes this post is long on my opinion and thoughts ....and short on facts and data...
But that don't male it any less important , to me at least.
Andy

Its all going down the rabbit hole, say the wrong thing to the wrong person and its " Hate " Get in the fight with the wrong guy, its a violent hate crime.. Remember guys, we are all alt right, racist, fascists and Nazis in the eyes of the left and media. Everything we do is seen as some sort of hate crime now a days to some people.o_O

Last Edited:
Its all going down the rabbit hole, say the wrong thing to the wrong person and its " Hate " Get in the fight with the wrong guy, its a violent hate crime.. Remember guys, we are all alt right, racist, fascists and Nazis in the eyes of the left and media. Everything we do is seen as some sort of hate crime now a says to some people.o_O
Sad, but true... :(

So if you do not use a gun or weapon for that matter, during a domestic violence squabble you are going to lose your Second Amendment rights? That's ludicrous And unconstitutional by the way.

Just one of the many reasons I stay single--I have met around 100 men who had been convicted of the misdemeanor crime of domestic violence & they all seemed very surprised to discover they were now prohibited possessors.

I've never hit a woman, but it's just too easy to say something in the heat of the moment that can cause a person to forever lose their gun rights:eek:

Anyway, misses is on the way home so time to go see John Wick 3! Remeber saying racist stuff isnt illegal, but doesn't mean someone isn't gonna kick your bubblegum for it. ;)

If you didn't just join today, and spend the whole time telling everyone how wrong and uneducated they are I might actually like you. And don't post any spoilers, I just refreshed myself by watching the first two again! :D

I know the law, show me a successfully convicted case in which that held up. Specifically in which hate speech was the defined speech which incited it.

We still have the Espionage Act on the books. That law was passed with the express purpose of stifling opposition to the US' participation in WWI and was used to convict many people for exercising their 1A rights on a topic far less odious than hate speech, specifically, staying out of the European quagmire complete with the historical propensity of Europeans to frequently blow each other to bits.

The Wilson Administration launched a broad campaign of criminal enforcement that resulted in thousands of prosecutions. Many of these were for trivial acts of dissent. In the first case arising from this campaign to come before the Court, Baltzer v. United States, the defendants had signed a petition criticizing their governor's administration of the draft, threatening him with defeat at the polls.

Schenck v. United States - Wikipedia

Have as fierce of debate as you desire, but when you resort to putting others down it runs afoul of Rule 1: Be excellent to each other. Let's do better.
Thank you in advance.

Very true, my bud got knocked to the floor by a punch to his head after saying something once too many times a couple weeks ago, in a bar. He thought about pulling his pocket carry but then remembered he was drinking in a bar, so wasn't even supposed to have a piece on him

Last edited by a moderator:
Very true, my bud got knocked to the floor by a punch to his head after saying something once too many times a couple weeks ago, in a bar. He thought about pulling his pocket carry but then remembered he was drinking in a bar, so wasn't even supposed to have a piece on him

Your friend sounds like a knucklehead.

Last edited by a moderator:
20190522_015107.jpg

The problems when we continue to let our rights be eroded.

You can have your gun rights "temporarily" be taken away if someone files a protection order against you. Of course, that would never ever happen because someone was merely spiteful....

A person could lose their rights because someone claims they are a danger and in a secrete hearing, judge agrees....

Back to the example of the teenagers. A charge of a hate crime could be brought if they tagged or egged a building and say it was owned by some protected class. The definition of a hate crime reads vandalism with an added element of bias. This bias could be claimed by the victim and prosecuted by an over zealous DA.
So no, it's not only swastikas on a synagogue line to be crossed. It could be the one Muslim/LGBTQ/Black/Hispanic/Vegan et al minority in an area saying they were targeted, DA agreeing, and some stupid prank costing the loss of a RIGHT for life.
If you can't see the possibility of this happening, then I throw in my towel.

My objections to the continued lowering of the bar.

Truly, I don't get why we have hate crimes in the first place. Does the motivation for breaking a law really make the crime worse? If I'm assaulted or killed, I'm just as damaged whether they did it cause they are psycho or because I'm a minority.

The same will go for hate crimes, maybe a guy beats a person and calls them racial names and threatens to kill them next time while doing so, but it's their first offense, pleaded down to misdemeaner...

Got any examples of that happening? Have any evidence that someone motivated to commit murder will not do so by other means or acquire a firearm illegally?

You seem like a smart man, so you know better then to apply a simple definition to a justuce system that often promotes pleading down for lower offenses.

Who are you to tell me " you should know better "...you know nothing about me.
Please do not tell me what I think...or throw your "spin" on what I have said or posted.
Andy

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany