JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Again it will probably pass. Many gun owners do not really believe the 2nd is a right, they see it as a privilege. One that can be taken for life by any new law. So lawmakers are doing it one little piece at a time as many who own guns cheer, until it's time for them to turn theirs in of course. <shrug>

Don't beat your spouse, or attack others based on protected class status and any mature and responsible gun owner should be just fine.
<shrug> yep, again it's not really a right, it's privilege. If you screw up, 40 years later you are still screwed because it never was a right, it was a privilege that can be taken at any time. Just pass another law. Sounds great to me too.

So if I refuse to bake you a cake because I disagree with your agenda that's potentially a chargeable hate crime.:eek: So I should lose my rights?:rolleyes:

Heh, naw, that's the The Civil Rights Act of 1964 which banned discrimination in public accommodations based on race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, or national origin.

Didn't say I ran a business. Just don't want to bake you a cake.:p

The problem is when speaking out against or disagreeing with a "protected" class becomes a hate crime. Look at the gay rights agenda, if one simply states they are not a supporter of same sex marriage (VP Mike Pence for example or Chick Fil A) a slew of people jump on board to call you a homophobe and claim you are spewing hate speech for simply disagreeing.
All these little laws have allot of potential unintended consequences.

Again it will probably pass. Many gun owners do not really believe the 2nd is a right, they see it as a privilege. One that can be taken for life by any new law. So lawmakers are doing it one little piece at a time as many who own guns cheer, until it's time for them to turn theirs in of course. <shrug>

I misdemeanor could be as simple as words possibly not intended to be hate but not up on current socially acceptable definitions .

So if you do not use a gun or weapon for that matter, during a domestic violence squabble you are going to lose your Second Amendment rights? That's ludicrous And unconstitutional by the way.

Jim it was that law that got me "thinking". For the first couple or more decades I was ambivalent about most of the 68GCA. Did not effect me, so who cares. Then they passed the law that misdemeanor domestic made you no guns for life. I saw soon after it passed Cops who suddenly could not carry a gun. Many law makers suddenly wanted to give them an exception. Now I woke up a little. Started wondering if I should not have been so ambivalent all those years. Long ago I noticed the people championing "gun law" are lying. They prove daily they could care less about crime or saving lives. Notice if someone gets drunk or high, maims or kills with a car, none of these law makers have any problem with them driving again? That right there proves it's not about crime, it's about they don't like people to own a gun.
Now as far as I know the law that took gun rights from anyone convicted of misdemeanor domestic is still law? If they ever repealed that I did not hear about it. If it's still on the books I have to guess judges have had no problem with it.

I don't do what ifs as if its fact. That's bullbubblegum propaganda. As of NOW, hate speech is protected speech.
Well some of us like to look at the possible consequences of various actions. Play through the different scenarios if you will. In the old days we called that critical thinking skills. Something that many today have no concept of.
Bottom line, less government and less ambiguous laws are better for all.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads