JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
It's been the law since 1997, is this new info to you?

Edit: Not to mention if we take a moment to think from the perspective of the one being abused, do you really want your abuser who has shown their propensity for violence against a woman, and even children the ability to easy access to guns...? Say your sister has a bubblegumty husband that nearly beats her to death, but doesn't use a gun, and you aren't around to protect her, you want him able to go buy a gun easily then come back and shoot her?

No, but I also do not want the drunk who keeps killing to be able to drive. No one seems to care about that though. He can just keep getting his privilege to drive back over and over as the body count goes up. This tells you how much law makers really care about saving lives.

You're right doesn't even have to be violent. You could just go go draw swastikas on a synagogue, or fire bomb a black church while its empty, or shoulder check a muslim guy and he falls and twists his ankle while one calls them a monkey. Or a myriad of other types of "non-violent" hate crimes, then again this is more so determined by a judge, and what a prosecutor thinks they can get a conviction off of. I still don't have a problem with them losing their gun rights. Not all domestic violence charges are felonies, either.

Facts.

So let me wander a bit.

Some dude walks up to me and and we start chatting. He tosses out a racist remark.
I come back with words to sway. The convo continues and next we know, I throw out something racist (even though I avoid usually)
I potentially just lost my rights, and he walks. To boil it down.

The problem is when speaking out against or disagreeing with a "protected" class becomes a hate crime. Look at the gay rights agenda, if one simply states they are not a supporter of same sex marriage (VP Mike Pence for example or Chick Fil A) a slew of people jump on board to call you a homophobe and claim you are spewing hate speech for simply disagreeing.
All these little laws have allot of potential unintended consequences.

The "champions of free speech" are proving their real colors all the time now. Suddenly if you do not agree with them they want you to be shut down. Nothing new here, just history repeating itself all over again.

BS virtue signalling that will save exactly zero lives and will be open for abuse. Everytown wants everyone to be a prohibited person, so yeah, I'm against that and thankful for governmental gridlock.

so stupid teenager spray paints a swastika on a Jewish temple? lose rights for life?

Guy goes to a catholic mass and yells out that they are all pedophiles and disrupts the mass. Lose rights for life?

Hispanic guy asks for directions to the poling station to vote, someone gives them directions to taco bell. Lose rights for life?

Seems about status quo for the idiots in charge

It is the "disarm my political opponents" bill. The sponsor hopes to shrink the scope of First Amendment protection for conservative speech through judicial activism and allow the two halves to meet. The vast majority of 1A protection is founded on judicial opinions defining the scope.

We really just like to throw away the Bill of Rights in this country. First amendment getting stomped, Second amendment has been gutted and currently fourteenth being stripped in Georgia and Alabama.

Also I don't care what your religion says, rights come first. Anyone that uses the argument "why do you need..." on any right doesn't get it.
Its about giving people rights and the option to use those rights or not. How can we convince people to join our cause to get our rights back if we seek to limit their rights.

We really just like to throw away the Bill of Rights in this country. First amendment getting stomped, Second amendment has been gutted and currently fourteenth being stripped in Georgia and Alabama.

I wouldnt mind if they ignored the 3rd amendment. House some soldiers, set up a gun range in the back yard, bum some ammo off them and they let me shoot their M249's and ride around in the Stryker. I cook them bacon and kalua pork. Lots of beer involved

Believe it or not but laws like this and the domestic violence one do help people come to the side of gun ownership. Showing we take the safety of individuals seriously by penalizing those that choose to commit violent crimes against women and children, or for that matter based on a singular distinction of a protected class helps others respect and accept lawful gun owners. You wanna go bubblegum your life up by treating others like bubblegum and breaking laws, don't expect to have all your rights. No one is using speech to restrict the 2A and anyone who says so is a liar and uninformed.

I dont know I know about that. 1)They already dont want us armed 2)What are we going to define as hate speech. Dont get me wrong I appall people are ignorant and just trash, you should treat people with respect, But what is the line and where does it stop. In this way all speech is free speech.

However I agree that it helps us out because "reasonable" restrictions are only reasonable to those in power and not the common people. Just look in Alabama or Georgia, those are "reasonable" restrictions to the people in power.

I wouldnt mind if they ignored the 3rd amendment. House some soldiers, set up a gun range in the back yard, bum some ammo off them and they let me shoot their M249's and ride around in the Stryker. I cook them bacon and kalua pork. Lots of beer involved

The 3rd refers to being forced. You can still willingly accept soldiers to stay in your home

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top