JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Please tell me if I am asking too much, or my expectations are too high. I have a 9mm P250 with about 750 rounds through it (Less than one year old), It has increasingly frequent FTEs. I have always thought the magazines fit a little to loosely (they rattle even when firmly seated). So, I return it to Sig and get it back quite quickly (less than a week), with a note that they are "unable to reproduce customer complaint, 50 rounds fired". And it was returned uncleaned. Now these FTEs have increased from 1 in 100 to 1 in 20, and I detailed this in my note to Sig. In my note, I also advised them that I was quite familiar with firearms, owning several and being a 21-yr military veteran. I would have thought that for customer service they would have replaced the ejector and given it a more thorough testing, especial.ly since this is a known problem according to the P250 forums. This is the first time that I have returned a firearm for service. So, please tell me if I am asking too much. I know Sig has a great reputation, and this is why I bought this firearm. This is my first Sig. But I also have a Ruger, Beretta, Springfield, Kahr, and Walther. None have had a glitch and all have between 500 and 800 rounds through them. Is my disappointment premature??? Any advise for me on this situation??? Thanks.

Sigs are not the guns they used to be. I have several '90s vintage Sigs and would never part with them. Ever since they hired the former CEO of Kimber, the quality of both, the product and customer service have suffered. Be persistent in demanding they fix your weapon. Eventually they will. It's a shame that a company with the reputation for high quality firearms would jerk a customer around. Good luck and keep us informed as things progress.

Well, take the other side for a moment: What would YOU do if someone handed you his pistol, told you it had a problem 1 in 20 times, and you fired a whole box of ammo and nothing went wrong? I'd probably say; "where's the beef?"...but really, How about asking them what ammo did they use to not get a failure? (duplicate, if possible) Probably my first question.....as far as a cleaning job: Brand New guns come dirty, just to show they've been fired, don't they?

Point taken on returning the gun dirty so you know it was fired. My issue is that this is a widely known problem, and I would have liked a little more investigation. Thanks for the reply.

I work for an electronic service department. I think the best thing to do is to call the service department and ask for their manager and then the person above that. Write (email) to the manager and copy the next level stating why you are dissatisfied with their service. Doing this will give you special attention.

On the other hand I have a 1985 W. German P226 9mm and it is amazing, very accurate and will shoot anything I put in it without hesitation. I'm sorry that your 250 is giving you trouble. I'm not a fan of polymer but the 250 concept seems cool and further in life I may want to purchase one.

Call customer service and ask to speak to a manager. Tell him/her that you want to send the gun back and why. Be firm and hopefully your gun will be returned in proper working order. I have only one Sig now, but have never had a problem with any of them. I'd say stick with what you know, and Sig shouldn't be doing polymer guns haha... Polymer guns should be left to Glock.... Good luck :s0155:

It looks like they were unable to reproduce the problem.

I had to send in my Para for service. I was having failures to feed (found to be an extractor issue). So, I documented it. With this type of ammo, I had jams at the 4th and 8th rounds in this magazine, and here's a picture of this type of jam. Then swapped mags and ammo and did the same. It helps. Over detail, over document.

Otherwise you mnay have mismatches in ammo, mags, etc.

I used to be an auto mechanic and I can tell you that sometimes intermittant problems are difficult to find. Many times I have gone on the road with a customer to try to diagnose a problem and, of course, the car acted perfectly. So, I believe you have a problem, but I also believe that the factory could not duplicate it.

Maybe you should consider making a video of this happening? Then send it in with the gun.

Also they could be using a different brand ammo which could result in different experiences. In my case using winchester 9mm would catch on the magazine and get stuck at a 45 degree angle when feeding. Using Blazer I did not have that problem. I put the two casings up to a light and stared trying to figure what was different. Finally showed my girlfriend and she noticed that the lip was different.

I would call Ruger and ask which brand of ammo they use and try a few boxes.

Just my $.02

It's too bad you are having trouble with Sig. I've always heard good things about them before.

Please keep us up to date on whether they give you satisfaction - we Sig guys may want to shop elsewhere in the future if they can't do you right.

Well, interestingly...... I ran at least 60 rounds through it without a hitch yesterday. But I was careful to keep a firm grip and keep my thumb away from the mag release and support the magazing with my other hand. These mags fit loosely and I am wondering if this is the issue, rather than the ejector. I've only ever shot Blazer practice ammo through it, as this is all the range will allow.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top