JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last week I purchased a brand new Burris XTR II 5-25x50 scope from Brownells. The scope was on sale for $899, so I was convinced I was getting a great deal. When I opened the package, the scope retail box was not wrapped and the scope was used (probably a return from another customer). Here is a pic of the scope after I opened the package. Does this look a new scope? However, I decided to keep the scope since the optics was very sharp and all mechanical operations seemed fine. I went to a range to zero the scope and shoot few groups at 200 yards (with Tikka Tac A1 6.5CM). I adjusted eye relief, set parallax and zeroed scope at 50 yards. Then I moved to 200 yards and immediately noticed a problem. After every shot, parallax gets loose and I would have to wait for a couple of minutes for parallax to stabilize. I then let 2 more people shoot my rifle to see if they see the same problem. Both confirmed the same. After every shot parallax moves. Now I realized why this scope was a previous return. I called Brownells, and all they could offer me to return the scope, so they sent me a return label. However, they sent me a return label with USPS First Class mail. I waited in line at the post office for 20 minutes to be told that the package is too big and heavy to be sent with USPS First Class mail. The Brownells guy who talked on the phone to me new nothing about scopes, and then at the end he sent me a wrong label and made me loose my time waiting in line at the post office. I think I am done buying anything from Brownells as well as from Burris.

Cheers,

DDJ

20220119_123103.jpg

Ya, that's used. I'd have immediately reached out to Brownells.

I too recently bought a Burris. 8-40. It is a really freaking nice scope. No issues whatsoever.

I don't have any idea of Brownells will help you now that you have used it, but I'd be looking to get an actual brand new scope of I were you. Not a clearly used one with issues.

You created this thread https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...arallax-focus-in-a-scope.399577/#post-3171553
last Monday about parallax issues you were having with a new Bushnell scope. Now you're having a similar parallax problem with a Burris scope less than a week later. That strikes me as strange since I've never had a parallax problem out of the box with any scope I've purchased over the last few decades.

If Brownell's won't make it right, my advice would be to contact Burris customer service and have them take a look at the scope. They'll either repair it or replace it.

Finally, I got a scope that does not have a parallax issue. I got Vortex Viper PST Gen II 5-25x50 at Outdoor Emporium (They also installed it) and went to the range today. I had absolutely no problem and I was able to take 15 consecutive shots with no parallax problem. I am finally happy with a scope.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top