JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
They are likely to be decommissioned. Maybe sent to museums.

I don't know about the timeline - I hear there is research ongoing towards replacing them.

Sad day for all that served on them. I served on the Victory 52312 from about '78 to '81 at Yaquina Bay

_nc_ohc=HoR16rcQLaQAX8EjUmB&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg 1637257641903.jpeg
Pt8waU3aL0TgEpjKHlgHkCc8W3Kz0EPx2nLd6TjRzUY.jpg

So what is covering for them now? Are they expecting to tow trawlers with helicopters?
I suspect that if a heavy trawler needs a tow that the 47's can't handle, then they will get one of the patrol cutters to tow it, or call a commercial tow service. The latter is what I have said should be done for the majority of tows where there is no danger to property (the vessel) or life. When I served at Yaquina Bay we had entirely way too many tows that should have been handled by commercial services. When a car breaks down on a road, you usually don't see a state vehicle towing it (except to clear it off the road) - they usually call a commercial tow service.

A lot of the tows offshore can easily wait for a commercial tow service - they just don't want to pay for it.

USCG.....yes. I can remember a friend telling me to read this.

Sorry, I haven't gotten around to it. Though....I believe it is also offered as an audible book.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads