JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
2 days ago i traded a 22 rife for a old 30-30 that was in hard shape will to day at the coffe shop the guys was saying about some guns that went missing out of this older ladys cottage . when they were saying what guns were stolen i knew i had one . well i came right home and got the 3030 and went to here sons house i told him the hole story how i got this gun showed him the reseat that i got from this guy and give him his moms gun back he thank me very much
and told me that no charges would be laid .then he said well one of seven .then he asked me if i new were this fellow live well i said yes and he asked me to take him there i was going there anyway to get mine back so he came with me and sure enough there was 3 more i got mine back and the guy with me got his moms 3 back then he told were he got them from. now this fellow is going to the police to tell them were to go look for the i did think they were stolen he gave me a recite i don,t know what will happen but i felt that i did the right thing some people said i should have just give the gun to the ladys son and told him nothing more do you guys think i did the right thing
capiefogman

Spelling, sentence structure and proper punctuation is always good.

You ask if you did the right thing? Only you can answer that. Can you live with your conscience? If you believe you did the right then you did.

Spelling, sentence structure and proper punctuation is always good.

Really

OP, I struggled to read that several times, it sounds like you did the right thing, but IHMO, I would have gotten law enforcement involved earlier and given them the address of the person that you traded with and let them sort it out

Should have called the police right away.

Next time maybe you can trade your .22 rifle for some upper case letters, and punctuation.

Cleaned it up some....

2 days ago I traded a .22 rife for an old 30-30 that was in hard shape. Well today at the coffee shop these guys was talking about some guns that went missing out of this older womens cottage. When they were saying what guns were stolen I knew I had one of them. Well I came right home and got the 30-30 and went to her sons house I told him the whole story how I got this gun, showed him the receipt that I got from this guy and then give him his moms gun back. He thank me very much and told me that no charges would be laid filed. Then he said well one out of seven. Then he asked me if I new were this fellow lived, well I said yes and he asked me to take him there. I was going there anyway to get mine back so he came with me and sure enough, there were 3 more. I got mine back and the guy with me got his moms 3 back. Then this guy told were he got them from. Now this fellow is going to the police to tell them were to go look for the other ones. I did('nt) think they were stolen, he gave me a receipt, I don't know what will happen, but I felt that I did the right thing. Some people said I should have just give the gun to the ladys son and told him nothing more, do you guys think i did the right thing.

capiefogman

I bet all you guys who had a hard time reading that would have had an even harder time hearing it with a thick Nova Scotia accent. ;)

Glad you were able to clean up your mess capie. If the RCMP had been involved you can bet everyone would have been in trouble.

2 days ago i traded a 22 rife for a old 30-30 that was in hard shape will to day at the coffe shop the guys was saying about some guns that went missing out of this older ladys cottage . when they were saying what guns were stolen i knew i had one . well i came right home and got the 3030 and went to here sons house i told him the hole story how i got this gun showed him the reseat that i got from this guy and give him his moms gun back he thank me very much
and told me that no charges would be laid .then he said well one of seven .then he asked me if i new were this fellow live well i said yes and he asked me to take him there i was going there anyway to get mine back so he came with me and sure enough there was 3 more i got mine back and the guy with me got his moms 3 back then he told were he got them from. now this fellow is going to the police to tell them were to go look for the i did think they were stolen he gave me a recite i don,t know what will happen but i felt that i did the right thing some people said i should have just give the gun to the ladys son and told him nothing more do you guys think i did the right thing
capiefogman

Spelling and punctuation go a long way.

Yes, you did the right thing! Good for you. :s0155:
You can bet that if any of the guy's giving you a hard time were the ones who had THEIR guns stolen, grammer, spelling and puntuation would not have mattered.
Good job!
usrifle

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads