JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ceiling is up, seams are caulked and it's ready for insulation then the walls are next.:D

Next up on the design aspect is the new reloading bench and assembly table. I plan to make them both waist high so I can stand or sit in a comfy drafting chair.
I have a 4x8 sheet of melamine so it will get used with some 3/4" plywood for the top and some door fronts for the cabinets with no doors that I've had forever...;)
I also plan on either building or buying a rolling tool cart since the room has expanded two feet and I feel that I now have the room to store it anywhere.:D

Ceiling is up, seams are caulked and it's ready for insulation then the walls are next.:D

Next up on the design aspect is the new reloading bench and assembly table. I plan to make them both waist high so I can stand or sit in a comfy drafting chair.
I have a 4x8 sheet of melamine so it will get used with some 3/4" plywood for the top and some door fronts for the cabinets with no doors that I've had forever...;)
I also plan on either building or buying a rolling tool cart since the room has expanded two feet and I feel that I now have the room to store it anywhere.:D
I still have a solid core comercial door if you want it for a bench. I keep saying I am going to do something with it but there it sits :p.

I still have a solid core comercial door if you want it for a bench. I keep saying I am going to do something with it but there it sits :p.

Thanks buddy, I should get down your way soon and get that. (fishing trip).:)

The last few days I've had some dizziness so gonna stay home till I feel better... I believe it was caused by looking up & tilting my head putting up the ceiling.:(

Thanks buddy, I should get down your way soon and get that. (fishing trip).:)

The last few days I've had some dizziness so gonna stay home till I feel better... I believe it was caused by looking up & tilting my head putting up the ceiling.:(
Yeah if you want it I'll hang on to it. It's a thick oak veneer particle board core that's 1 11/16" thick. It's painted gray unfortunately. I built a bench out of an identical door and put about 5 coats of white enamel over the gray sanding between coats and it came out nice. I would have preferred the oak but I wasn't going to strip the whole door. Stripping paint is the worst.

here's a poor photo of my prize (movable) bench over the last 30+ years: designed to be easily transported yet rigid: 2x12x6 mounted side by side ( I better remeasure), approx 31" high, unscrewable pipe legs with removable lower shelf supported by metal angle iron frame. It's withstood the rigors of heavy use both as press platform & storage/work bench for these long years. Now in semi-retirement seeking other assignments:

upload_2018-11-11_9-12-28.jpeg

Yeah if you want it I'll hang on to it. It's a thick oak veneer particle board core that's 1 11/16" thick. It's painted gray unfortunately. I built a bench out of an identical door and put about 5 coats of white enamel over the gray sanding between coats and it came out nice. I would have preferred the oak but I wasn't going to strip the whole door. Stripping paint is the worst.

Thanks. If I can get down that way in the next few weeks I'd be obliged.;)

here's a poor photo of my prize (movable) bench over the last 30+ years: designed to be easily transported yet rigid: 2x12x6 mounted side by side ( I better remeasure), approx 31" high, unscrewable pipe legs with removable lower shelf supported by metal angle iron frame. It's withstood the rigors of heavy use both as press platform & storage/work bench for these long years. Now in semi-retirement seeking other assignments:

View attachment 517070

That is a H D bench!!!!;)

View attachment 519615 View attachment 519615 View attachment 519616 View attachment 519617

Jim you influenced me to get started on my reloading area. Designed it so that I could take my roll away out and make extra counter space. Figured you can never have enough. :)

I tend to do that to a number of people, don't I.:D
Very nice design and implementation brother! You are correct about not having enough bench or storage space so you have to get creative.
I may do the same thing with a roll away since I have a lot of 6' wall cabinets and upper cabinets for storage. Thanks ;)

20181120_235638.jpg Well I'd better get my azz in gear because I'm ordering my Liberty Fat Boy Thursday morning & it's a 2 week turn around...
I still have to insulate, hand wall board & flooring. Guess I'm not going to be fishing for the next two weeks.:eek::eek::eek:

I worked on the floorplan again. Thoughts?

Last Edited:
I finally had a great day healthwise so I got busy insulating & putting up the 1/4" vinyl coated wall boards (reflects mondo light)...

This is commercial Ecobatt insulation that I bought from a professional insulator. It has a high fire rating so good stuff....;)
20181121_172731.jpg 20181121_172654.jpg 20181129_173056.jpg 20181129_173103.jpg 20181129_173213.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top