JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I feel sorry for the guy. This will haunt him for the rest of his life. Maybe he was too close to retirement. Maybe he just froze. A lot of folks have no idea how they will react when they're confronted with extreme danger. A lot of people talk tough but when it's time to step into the box, I have seen more than one soldier blink.

Some have pointed out that this is further justification not to arm teachers. Because if a trained deputy can't/won't do it, then how can a regular teacher do it? I submit that no one expects the teacher to go out and engage the attackers. But if you were that teacher locked in a classroom with 30 terrified teenagers and a deranged attacker outside the door, wouldn't a gun in your hand be valuable? At least they have a chance at survival.

Shame on you for Posting that !!! Saying you feel sorry for that Guy, who is close to retiring.
He Had / Has a obligation to protect and to serve he took an oath !!!
The oath he agreed to starts the first day of his employment to the last day of his employment.....

Furthermore, you said some people talk tough until they get into that situation of danger. This is why the police are trained the same reason why soldiers are train. They are trained to put fear behind them and React & Perform accordingly, the way they are trained to do. I know this personally.

So Shame on you Sir for trying to Pad or giving him an excuse to get out of the self-centered cowardly act he Performed, they do not teach them to be self-centered in the line of duty. If so People Die... Perfect Example Here.

Problem solved arm the teachers with the Glock 17 but you have to arm the librarians with the Glock 17 threaded barrel shhhhhhhh this is a library LOL GLOCK-Gen-5-Handgun-Hand-Size.jpg IMG_2135.jpg

Problem solved arm the teachers with the Glock 17 but you have to arm the librarians with the Glock 17 threaded barrel shhhhhhhh this is a library LOLView attachment 434966 View attachment 434967

Don't forget to be extremely specific. Otherwise the same teachers that tell you how smart they are. How they can do anything. How much they love their kids...will think you want THEM to learn what we teach every 17-19 y/o recruit. Discipline, situational awareness and which way to point the barrel. They seem to be able to figure it out. Not too many cases of them shooting each other. Even in the Air Force. No one is having serious thought of arming every teacher. The question is who's going to pay. Really. I'll donate one of mine. There are plenty of PAID for guns in the system already. It should cost virtually nothing as far as equipment. Training can be provided by the local law enforcement...except Broward Co, of course.

Shame on you for Posting that !!! Saying you feel sorry for that Guy, who is close to retiring.
He Had / Has a obligation to protect and to serve he took an oath !!!
The oath he agreed to starts the first day of his employment to the last day of his employment.....

Furthermore, you said some people talk tough until they get into that situation of danger. This is why the police are trained the same reason why soldiers are train. They are trained to put fear behind them and React & Perform accordingly, the way they are trained to do. I know this personally.

So Shame on you Sir for trying to Pad or giving him an excuse to get out of the self-centered cowardly act he Performed, they do not teach them to be self-centered in the line of duty. If so People Die... Perfect Example Here.

You are, of course, free to feel how you chose. I wasn't there and I don't believe everything I read in the news. When I posted that, much of the story had not yet come out.

I know nothing of the deputy. But everything positive he has accomplished in his life up to this point has now been washed away with one major mistake. From this point on, he will be branded for the rest of his life. No matter how you or I feel about it, he will forever be remembered for cowardice and failure.

Since you personally know of putting fear behind you, I'm sure you know that no one knows how they will act under fire until that first bullet flies by.

Well, be that as it may, you're upset because you believe I'm giving him an excuse for his actions. If it's any consolation, I hardly think anonymous comments on a bulletin board on the other side of the country will make his life any different. It is what it is.

Better than him going out to shoot the wrong or unarmed person! Now, if he didn't do anything, arming other staff and such will not make anything better.

The lawyer for this deputy Scott Peterson has now come out publicly and offered a defense for his actions. His lawyer claims that Peterson thought that the gunfire was OUTSIDE the school, and not inside the building. And that is why he took up a defensive position outside the building, in order to protect it.

So the deputy is claiming through his lawyer that he made an honest mistake, and that he followed the correct protocol for what he believed the situation was. I'm not sure how credible this all sounds, but that is apparently his defense.

The thing that bothers me about this is that Peterson refused to talk to investigators, both right after the shooting, and even when later approached by them. And now we only get an explanation from him several days later, after he has spent time working with his lawyer.

And my own personal experience is that most lawyers are the scum of the earth.

Florida deputy denies he was a 'coward' during school shooting

Armed officer who failed to confront Florida gunman 'thought shooter was outside school'

Last Edited:
maybe supervised by former sherriff Arpio (?) and a couple tent cities hmhm, I know there is some controversy, but i still like the fellow and the discomfort he placed on those that needed it

No one is having serious thought of arming every teacher
These people, (mostly Teachers), that keep misquoting Trump and others by suggesting the idea is to arm any and or, all Teachers, just give them a gun willy nilly!
They know exactly what he means! They are playing dumb obviously.
They either would rather risk more kids lives to speed up an Austrailian style ban. Or they are so ignorant and fearful of how to use a gun that they don't even trust their fellow teachers who would have required training.

I'm cynical enough to believe there's enough people in the Teaching ranks that believe a ban on all semi-autos will magically stop all mass killings. Get rid of guns and all the rainbow and unicorn dreams will come true.
If more kids die, so be it! Utopia is within reach.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top