JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, an armed Deputy was there and didn't do his job... So, he resigns because he has the required time to "RETIRE" and 17 kids are dead...

"Israel said Peterson chose to resign as he had met the necessary requirements for retirement. The sheriff noted that the investigation would continue.

"We're not going to disclose the video at this time, and we may never disclose the video, depending on the prosecution and the criminal case," Israel said. "But what I saw was a deputy arrive at the west side of building 12, take up a position - and he never went in."

Maybe he was getting too old for this bubblegum... Roger-Murtaugh-Lethal-Weapon-Danny-Glover.jpg

That's part of the problem, the lack of individual accountability for ones actions...

Just like the FBI, get blamed, sit low for three months then collect that huge Government retirement...

That enire sherriff department seems like losers, 39 times they dont' use the Baker act to get this kid help and now one of them refuses to do his job and waits while 17 kids are gunnd down. What a bunch.

They should take his pension and anything else they can do to punish him. A picture of him would be a good start.

That enire sherriff department seems like losers, 39 times they dont' use the Baker act to get this kid help and now one of them refuses to do his job and waits while 17 kids are gunnd down. What a bunch.

YEP and no one will pay the consequences! what ever happened in this world for accountability!

The same as the Colorado school shooting several years ago when the cops waited outside while talking on the phone with people that eventually bled out. It insenced me. Any of my USAF Combat Rescue teams would have taken the bad guy out and cleared the threat in 5 min.

I feel sorry for the guy. This will haunt him for the rest of his life. Maybe he was too close to retirement. Maybe he just froze. A lot of folks have no idea how they will react when they're confronted with extreme danger. A lot of people talk tough but when it's time to step into the box, I have seen more than one soldier blink.

Some have pointed out that this is further justification not to arm teachers. Because if a trained deputy can't/won't do it, then how can a regular teacher do it? I submit that no one expects the teacher to go out and engage the attackers. But if you were that teacher locked in a classroom with 30 terrified teenagers and a deranged attacker outside the door, wouldn't a gun in your hand be valuable? At least they have a chance at survival.

I feel sorry for the guy. This will haunt him for the rest of his life. Maybe he was too close to retirement. Maybe he just froze. A lot of folks have no idea how they will react when they're confronted with extreme danger. A lot of people talk tough but when it's time to step into the box, I have seen more than one soldier blink.

Some have pointed out that this is further justification not to arm teachers. Because if a trained deputy can't/won't do it, then how can a regular teacher do it? I submit that no one expects the teacher to go out and engage the attackers. But if you were that teacher locked in a classroom with 30 terrified teenagers and a deranged attacker outside the door, wouldn't a gun in your hand be valuable? At least they have a chance at survival.

Well the deputy knows for sure how he will react under fire now and it only cost 17 lives to find out. No he is an old guy ready to retire, he could care less about dead kids. Wish I could think of something nice to say:confused: How about at least he resigned and not on the payroll.

PROOF POSITIVE . . . You had better be prepared to protect yourself. The coppers aren't obligated to even try to help you!!!!!
He shouldn't be allowed to retire! Tie his shoe laces to the back bumper and drag him through the streets until the only thing left are those shoe laces!!!!!!

Sheldon

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads