JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love wheel guns, always have. If S&W would get rid of the Hillary hole, I'd buy a new one every month. I find them so ugly these days, I'd rather spend my time trying to find, and money on, older models.

I like semi-autos just as much as the next guy, it's fun to shoot that 250 rounds in a day.
I love handguns, don't care if they're round guns or bottom-feeders. When ammo and components aren't in short supply, 300-400 rounds is a fairly light range day for me with the 625 revolver. Helps having enough moonclips to have all that loaded and ready to go. :p

For a cheapie, how's the Rough Rider? And which GP100 .44 version?

I love Lipsey's 5" heavy barreled version, Just found out (out of the loop - again) that Heritage is now Taurus. Ya' know, the Heritage Stealth might have been a better choice than a couple of the Taurus "Total Recall" 9s out there. But, "not invented here" strikes again.
The Rough Rider is fine I dislike the safety, feel it is out of place on a single action, but the gun seems okay.

The GP 100 was a 3" version and Son unit #2 saw it and glommed onto it, his wife likes shooting it, his In-Laws like shooting it. He is out of 44 Special ammo now, luck he found another box when he got home. That #2 Son is a revolver guy but if it is a nice auto he'll start fiddling with it till I agree he should have it. The five inch would be a pleasure.

I do have four Taurus autos, all work well.

There's only like 10 revolvers out there that are worth it, and even then, they've been relegated to novelty and niche guns!

Guess what fudds. Your 1911 is next.

I love wheel guns, always have. If S&W would get rid of the Hillary hole, I'd buy a new one every month. I find them so ugly these days, I'd rather spend my time trying to find, and money on, older models.
I am always happy to see purists taking the time to find what they want. I only have two S&W's, but both have the lock. It is Okay, no one dares put a key in mine. I have a 5.5" 629 44 Mag and a Performance Center custom 637 snubby, bobbed hammer, so DAO, fine with me as it is butter smooth.

Well, new (as reported by the manufacturers) gun sales have dropped 32% in February, so expect the revolver sales to drop through the floor. No ammo equals no gun sales, no gun sales equals no new pro-gun people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, gun sales have dropped 32% in February, so expect the revolver sales to drop through the floor. No ammo equals no gun sales, no gun sales equals no new pro-gun people,
Forbes report last week:
Federal background checks for gun purchases slowed last month after a spike attributed to the Capitol riots and President Biden's election, but it was still the strongest February ever, according to data released Tuesday by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

The FBI reported 3.44 million background checks for gun buys in February. That's down from the record of 4.31 million in January, but it's still the seventh-largest monthly tally since the FBI started keeping track in 1998.

"Sales have been very, very good, one of the better years we've had in a long time," said Steve "Doc" Wacholz, a former drummer for the metal band Savatage who owns Cherokee Guns and More in Murphy, N.C.

There's only like 10 revolvers out there that are worth it, and even then, they've been relegated to novelty and niche guns!

:s0140::s0140::s0140:

he's right you know - Morgan Freeman He's Right You Know | Meme Generator

First and foremost, I view firearms as tools of survival whether self defense (primarily) or putting food on the table (secondarily). The fact that they are some serious fun, offer endless mental stimulation and are usually a pretty sound investment is a massive bonus. As such, most of my weapons are geared toward that direction but there are a couple niches revolvers do fill for me in that respect.

First, is the pocket gun. Mine is an S&W 442 with CT laser grips...small, light, chambered in a reasonably powerful round and shaped right for easy removal from the pocket. I trust it way more then I do tiny autos and many of those I would not want in my pocket. IMO it is THE coice for an "always have with you gun" and BUG.

Second, is horsepower. If I'm making the jump from a 9mm I go straight to 44 magnum, that means wheel gun.

Now as "novelty" goes, there are way more revolvers on my gotta have list than are semi-auto pistols, mostly older S&W and a few Rugers.

Lol, kids these days. As usual, I'm doing it wrong. I have 3 1911's with a fourth on the way, 8 revolvers, and 2 plastic guns both in 40 S&W with a third on the way.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top