JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I personally love revolvers. I just picked up my fourth a couple weeks back. But I'm not a millennial or Gen Z'er. I'm Gen X all the way.

Maybe there is something about a wheel gun that is a metaphor for the existential dread and general ennui of my generation?

40 SW needs to die faster than revolvers ever should!
I have 13 .40 S&W handguns including a Charter Arms Snubby revolver. Looking for a G-22 Gen 5 in 40 as I have no dedicated Glock 40 S&W, (I do have a 40 conversion barrels for my G-29 and G-33, but they are not in my 13 count) I bought the revolver just because it was 40. On my bed stand.

Nothing needs to die with regard to firearms and ammunition, that is just ignorant unless you are a gun grabber!

Their are many like it, but this one is mine.

I must point out that the 1911's doom was predicted in the 50s, the 60s, the 70s, most certainly the 80s, and in every decade since. The market has pretty much refused to listen.

Point: Any firearm will do today exactly what it would do when manufactured - whether that was 1, 10 or 100 years ago. Due to ammunition advances, it likely will do better. Look at the .30-30. No reason for its continuing existence - but there it is! It just works.

Watching actual shoots, what good are 15 rounds if 1 or 2 connect? Col. Cooper loathed "spray and pray" as prayers are not always answered as we like. He preferred aim and flame (an over-simplification, but the point remains).

Today we so often see triggercraft when pistolcraft is needed.

Their are many like it, but this one is mine.

Watching actual shoots, what good are 15 rounds if 1 or 2 connect? Col. Cooper loathed "spray and pray" as prayers are not always answered as we like. He preferred aim and flame (an over-simplification, but the point remains).

Today we so often see triggercraft when pistolcraft is needed.
All ya need to do is read or watch the news about police shootouts and how many rounds get expended vs how many actually connect with the intended target and not an Innocent bystander. Definitely lacking in qualifying shooting skills in most larger cities..........

All ya need to do is read or watch the news about police shootouts and how many rounds get expended vs how many actually connect with the intended target and not an Innocent bystander. Definitely lacking in qualifying shooting skills in most larger cities..........
This is the tip of the iceberg. Most officers may never experience a shoot out. These officers have experienced a shooting range and have often proved themselves very good at putting rounds on to a paper target. When an officer encounters his first shoot out, the experiences are often equal to green troops in combat for the first time.

Historically, a number of large cities have had experienced stake out teams to deal with criminals. Because these stake out teams were combat hardened, very few rounds missed the target. NY in the mid part of the last century had an officer on a stake out team that was deadly accurate with a 2" revolver at distances that amaze me.

I wouldn't describe police officers as bad shooters. I feel they may lack shootout/combat experience. Officers, like Bill Jordon, who know how to engage bad guys in a gun fight, are very good at putting rounds on target.

I personally love revolvers. I just picked up my fourth a couple weeks back. But I'm not a millennial or Gen Z'er. I'm Gen X all the way.

Maybe there is something about a wheel gun that is a metaphor for the existential dread and general ennui of my generation?

To me, there are pros and cons to any weapon choice. Unfortunately, I've seen what a 357 can do to someone's head. If you shoot well, 6 or 7 rounds of 357 can be really nasty.

To me, there are pros and cons to any weapon choice. Unfortunately, I've seen what a 357 can do to someone's head. If you shoot well, 6 or 7 rounds of 357 can be really nasty.
i agree. bought wife a p-90 40 some years ago, young then. to heavy and slide was to hard to run. 30 years later, bought her a shield, same thing, not heavy, but hard to rack for her. about 5 years ago i bought her a ruger lcrx3. she kept berry's bullets alive for about two years, shooting double action. she now knows that single action is much more accurate and i buy a few less berry's, and a few less press strokes. without data, i load her practice loads at 125 lead or plated at about 900. what she sleeps with is 125 xtps at 1100 fps, or so. her lcrx3 loaded with 5 xtps weighs about 1.5 pounds. revolvers have a place imho.

what does 40 have to do with a revolver thread?
that said, a 40 with proper bullet selection??? exit wound will be much larger than entry. wont matter anyway.
i would never dare someone pointing a 40 at me.

Grandparents shot 357, their sons shot 45, you shot 40, I shoot 9, and the next generation will shoot TEN MILLIMETER.

what does 40 have to do with a revolver thread?
that said, a 40 with proper bullet selection??? exit wound will be much larger than entry. wont matter anyway.
i would never dare someone pointing a 40 at me.
I thought he was talking about this 40 revolver:
80670E00-B496-4949-9779-A0D8A4F99376.jpeg

Grandparents shot 357, their sons shot 45, you shot 40, I shoot 9, and the next generation will shoot TEN MILLIMETER.
i've never shot a 40.
dad shot 357, i do shoot a 45 super blackhawk 225 ftx at 1400 fps. wife shoots a 38, 125 xtp at 1200. also have a model 17 k-22. those are just revolvers i've shot.
40's have been "canceled" over the years, like many calibers, but by who? btw, got shot by a 9mm last july, and i'm glad it wasn't a 40.

A 357 mag 125 JHP has one of the highest rated stopping abilities at 95%. This load's stopping power far exceeds anything offered in a 9 mm. Some 45 ACP loads will equal it.

A great read, based on actual street results of shootings involving handguns is "Handguns and Stopping Power" authored by Evan Marshall and Ed Sanow.

41VTPqXz35L._SX367_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

A brief description:
"Dramatic first-hand accounts of the results of handgun rounds fired into criminals by cops, storeowners, cabbies and others are the heart and soul of this long-awaited book. This is the definitive methodology for predicting the stopping power of handgun loads, the first to take into account what really happens when a bullet meets a man."

Their two subsequent books to this initial book are also good reads. Amazon offers these books in the used book selections.

Ayoob frequently quotes Marshal and Evans.

In the past I have purchased more than one set of their books. Every time a friend has borrowed them to read and then one their friends borrows them to read and the books end up in a the lending circle never to return.

A 357 mag 125 JHP has one of the highest rated stopping abilities at 95%. This load's stopping power far exceeds anything offered in a 9 mm.
Not true. The Underwood 115gr +P+ 9mm at 1500+ fps very closely approximates the classic 125gr Remington sjhp out of the duty length 4" barrel.

Not true. The Underwood 115gr +P+ 9mm at 1500+ fps very closely approximates the classic 125gr Remington sjhp out of the duty length 4" barrel.
Wow. Interesting. Are there documented street shooting studies/results for this round?

FYI If I recall correctly, it was the Federal 125 grain loading that came in at 95% in Marshall and Sanow's book.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top