JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In the 1820s, there were those lamenting the fact that flintlock production was waning and percussion rifles were gaining ground. Not 40 years later, the same lamented that percussion arms were being obsoleted by the new cartridge arms. "Repeaters" were only wasting ammunition. And smokeless powder and non-mercuric primers meant that gun cleaning would become a lost art.

Is anything new?

I bought new a Rough rider 22LR/22 Mag, a Charter Pitbull 9MM, GP100 .44 Special, GP100 22LR during that time period. I also bought used a Charter 38 Undercover, 357 Pathfinder, Ruger Blackhawk 357, Ruger Blackhawk 327 and two Colt Detective Special's 38's during that same period

I feel like I've done my part.

I bought new a Rough rider 22LR/22 Mag, a Charter Pitbull 9MM, GP100 .44 Special, GP100 22LR during that time period. I also bought used a Charter 38 Undercover, 357 Pathfinder, Ruger Blackhawk 357, Ruger Blackhawk 327 and two Colt Detective Special's 38's during that same period

I feel like I've done my part.
For a cheapie, how's the Rough Rider? And which GP100 .44 version?

I love Lipsey's 5" heavy barreled version, Just found out (out of the loop - again) that Heritage is now Taurus. Ya' know, the Heritage Stealth might have been a better choice than a couple of the Taurus "Total Recall" 9s out there. But, "not invented here" strikes again.

For me I find myself shooting more single action revolver, break barrel shotguns etc. just because it's fun and doesn't use as much ammo as a semi-auto (I still shoot those too but they use ammo a lot faster). But I think many people new to guns are more likely to go for a polymer wonder gun, AR or other semi-auto rather than a revolver, break barrel shotgun, etc.

Also the westerns that a lot of us watched aren't as prevalent anymore. Kids nowadays are more likely to experience semi-autos in video games or movies I would guess so that is what they are more attracted to.

They are the rotary dial phone of the gun world.
Wheel guns are just you hard for millennials to clean they just can't figure out how to get them apart.
Just goes to show, most Millennials have never shot an older Colt Python.
I grew up with a rotary phone, can take a wheel gun apart just fine. We're not that bad :rolleyes:

I'll admit to never having shot a python, though. :(

For me, it's always gonna be blue and walnut bolt actions, and revolvers. I've got a pile of others and none give me the same
pleasure shooting as the old timers. Course I'm an old timer myself. So we pair up well.

It is important to note that the article also explained how almost every other type of firearm saw significant decreases in production as of 2019. It is probably too early to say that there is a definitive decline in interest for revolvers! The numbers over the next few years will be very telling.

I did my part last Summer when I acquired a new 4.2" GP-100 in 357 Magnum! I much prefer Ruger's blued revolvers, and the 4.2" barrel is a fantastic combination of balance, looks, and performance!

It is important to note that the article also explained how almost every other type of firearm saw significant decreases in production as of 2019. It is probably too early to say that there is a definitive decline in interest for revolvers! The numbers over the next few years will be very telling.

I did my part last Summer when I acquired a new 4.2" GP-100 in 357 Magnum! I much prefer Ruger's blued revolvers, and the 4.2" barrel is a fantastic combination of balance, looks, and performance!
Eww, a Canadian gp.

lol

Wheel guns are just you hard for millennials to clean they just can't figure out how to get them apart.

Are you a millennial making fun of old, ignorant people who are too lazy or dumb to string a cogent sentence together that we so often see on this board? Because this is pretty funny if so.

Aint no millennial know how to shoot a wheel gun..

They go for the Glocks with 250 rounds

We'll be buying them from your wives when you die — for the price you told them they were worth ;)

smith 65.png

Every millennial, whom I have acquired as a friend-and I have many of them as friends, cannot tell me about playing cowboys and Indians on the school grounds during recess. They can't even comprehend that we had cap Guns at school for playing cowboys and Indians. To thus very day, I envy the other boys who had a Mattel fanner 50. That was the coolest cap gun.

I feel sorry for those who do not love and appreciate wheel Guns.

If you don't own at least five wheel Guns with two being 44 or bigger-you are not in the game.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top