JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am through going to gun shows that are full of completely overpriced guns, accessories, etc.

You jerks have priced yourselves out of customers.

When you offer not one, two, or three, but a majority, if not all of your firearms, and your bullets, holsters, knives, rifles, AND EVERYTHING ELSE at FAR above retail prices, I don't even want to talk to you about anything you offer.....because it is probably overpriced too!

Your philosophy seems to be; I'm going to make $100 profit on this (whatever), rather than I'm going to make $10 profit on these 10 items, and maybe get a returning/long time customer.

Any "DEAL", even a FAIR DEAL, has gone down between yourselves before the doors have even opened.

Every gun show I have attended in the past 5 years seems to get just a "Little" smaller than the previous "same promoter(s)".

Sure, you will always attract the "Newbees". But eventually they will catch on.

Example (and this is only 1) Ruger 1911 Retail price I paid; $669.00
YOUR PRICE $850.00!!!!!!!!!!

So, wise up, or be ready to spend your weekends watching football, which is Hell in itself:D

I can buy guns, ammo and any other number of like items from small local business's, some with small store fronts, from people I know and trust with a text or phone call. Retail or lower, no bull.

I have not been to a gun show in the last 2 years, and neither has any of my family, but we have all bought numerous guns and ammo.

The gun show concept has ran its course in my opinion. Getting people to drive miles, stand in line and go through the haggling BS is just not fun anymore.

I can buy guns, ammo and any other number of like items from small local business's, some with small store fronts, from people I know and trust with a text or phone call. Retail or lower, no bull.

I have not been to a gun show in the last 2 years, and neither has any of my family, but we have all bought numerous guns and ammo.

The gun show concept has ran its course in my opinion. Getting people to drive miles, stand in line and go through the haggling BS is just not fun anymore.

:s0101:

Last edited by a moderator:
Never been to a gun show, never saw the need. I will buy from LGS's first, online second, where I can shop my deals around a bit. Of folks I know that attend them still, they're losing interest. Probably tired of being overcharged by folks that think we don't know the value of an item. If they want to continue, they certainly can do it, but I'll be darned if my money will be going there.

In thinking about pricing, MAYBE these DUDES are pre-internet thinkers.

I know a lot of the older folks don't get on line, and a lot of the vendors are 60+ years old, so maybe they still think they are catering to un-knowlegable people:rolleyes:o_O

There was one I really enjoyed. The reno big show. Held every year in the Hilton, now called the grand Sierra resort. Plenty of vendors all prices reasonable, if not, bargaining was common. Even during the firearmegedon, there was plenty of non scary assault weapons around regular prices. Ammo vendors were reasonable, some were overpriced. My favorite vendor was the magazine table. Sold every and any mag you needed. The more common ones usually at or below retail as they usually brought them to the show by the thousands.

I haven't been to a show since moving up north, really don't plan to hearing and reading what I have.

Never been to a gun show, never saw the need. I will buy from LGS's first, online second, where I can shop my deals around a bit. Of folks I know that attend them still, they're losing interest. Probably tired of being overcharged by folks that think we don't know the value of an item. If they want to continue, they certainly can do it, but I'll be darned if my money will be going there.
Some times there are parts you need to find and little stuff.Sometimes you find a great deal.......ah I think I found one in the last 10 years.
I love to go to .......
Well it is called a Gun Show...not a Gun Sale. o_O

Just saying...

Probably the reason I have never attended a Gun Show... don't really want to see other's collections.

.. / .- -- / .- -. / .- ... ... .-.-.-:);)
Yep,that's all they are becoming,JUST shows.
I really think it's time to start wearing a tee shirt that has a condensed version of NoFlinch's rant on it to the shows.
I go to the local shows mostly for a social event.

Oh yeah,if you trade then you can sometimes get the difference to your favor,but again that is also a hard one

I know a lot of the older folks don't get on line, and a lot of the vendors are 60+ years old, so maybe they still think they are catering to un-knowlegable people:rolleyes:o_O

A lot of the "smaller" gun dealers are guys who have been selling guns for years, and it is more of a hobby to them. Same with antiques, they live to go to these "shows" to see the same people with the same guns the last several years. These are not full time dealers who are making a living at it. When these guys start dying off or cannot load up their same stale dead inventory anymore, then the promoters will now sell as many booths, and the brick and mortar dealers will stay home.

Older folks having varying levels of technology skills. A guy in my lodge is 96 years old and e mails, works excel and word programs and research's things on line, another friend is 80 years old, texts, e mails and gambles on line. Each is what you make it.

I used to go just to see what was out there, spend time with my boy and buy hunting ammo.
That was all I really needed since I had not been bitten by the EBR (evil black rifle) bug back 10-15 years ago. I do like to shop locally first but the gun store owner (dilhole) in my small town treated a friend like an idiot in front of everyone there. I guess he was just being a card & funnin around but it was very embarrassing to him.

I like online shopping, due to my hearing impairment in person, but will not give my personal info and will pay with a cashier check & ship it.
it works for me...;)

Hmmm. This just occurred to me. We all know how the gun grabbers have been trying to shut down the "gun show loophole" now for the past few years. Here in WA--with I-594--private sales have become illegal without an FFL in the middle, and it is just a matter of time before sales tax and serial number become part of every transaction.

You Oregon folks would not know this, but the Washington Arms Collector (WAC) shows always have included a background check, so not much change with I-594. But the the other non-WAC shows were just like every other local show---lots of tables, some interesting stuff but mostly not (personal opinion).

Now, post-initiative, we have the combination of the same dreary shows, mandatory background checks, entry fees/parking fees, media backlash. To be honest, gun shows just are not interesting anymore.

Maybe they won?

As I've said many times on threads similar to this, I go for good deals on cases of ammo. I'm still finding some!

This is fun! Step up to a table, bend down and squint at an outrageous price. Chuckle softly, look the vendor in the eye and move on down the line without saying a word. They get the message!;)

As I've said many times on threads similar to this, I go for good deals on cases of ammo. I'm still finding some!

This is fun! Step up to a table, bend down and squint at an outrageous price. Chuckle softly, look the vendor in the eye and move on down the line without saying a word. They get the message!;)

Problem is............they DON'T get the message........the ammo is still priced high 4 months later at the next show.:rolleyes::rolleyes::(:(

Man I agree.. I stopped going a few years ago.. Prices are higher than in firearm shops!! Nooo thanks. That and Id MUCH rather do private sales while I still can and deal with folks who have a conscience when it comes to their sale price.

They definitely cater to the unknowledgeable up here , you still here them talk about how there is no ammo, and they price it like we was still in the shortage.

The last one I went to, very few vendors, getting real thin. Maybe Super Bowl Sunday had some to due with it, but the ones that where there had no selection, crap accessories, and high prices.

Most of the used guns were high, close to new. Some people accepted that since it was a private sell, but now with I594 , why buy used unless the price is a screaming deal.

Use them like a petting zoo. Pay the entry fee, go play with and press your greasy mug against ever single gun you have on your bucket list and put them back on the rack the same time your shopping on your phone for the same thing at hundreds less or call your local B&M shop to order.

Last Edited:

Although even on the Internet sites such as Gunbroker, among different sellers, "buy it now" prices (and a high reserve) can range by a couple hundred bucks for the same type pistol.

For the sellers at the higher end of the price range, there might be one of three reasons why the price is not competitive: (1) they've got too much money sunk into the item to begin with, (2)or they just want to max their profit so they think somebody will impulse buy without seeing a lower priced item listed on the same webpage, or (3) they're too dumb to do a Gunbroker search for "comps" before listing their item, in order to make themselves competitive. This is definitely similar to what happens at gun shows.

Although even on the Internet sites such as Gunbroker, among different sellers, "buy it now" prices (and a high reserve) can range by a couple hundred bucks for the same type pistol.

For the sellers at the higher end of the price range, there might be one of three reasons why the price is not competitive: (1) they've got too much money sunk into the item to begin with, (2)or they just want to max their profit so they think somebody will impulse buy without seeing a lower priced item listed on the same webpage, or (3) they're too dumb to do a Gunbroker search for "comps" before listing their item, in order to make themselves competitive. This is definitely similar to what happens at gun shows.

Gunbroker is about the worst market barometer for bargain shoppers though. Even sales history are generally more that what someone can shop the Internet and find with due diligence.

I only find GB good for the more rare and hard to find stuff.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top