JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not going to pretend I read every post.
I agree that the majority of vendors (most of whom are shops that bring inventory because it will be seen by more people in one day) jack up prices. Mainly because they get uneducated people that they will "bargain with" and give them a "good deal". Most of the time, you will be lucky to talk them into taking retail.
Over the years, I have noticed that the ratio of gun shops to private parties has gotten rediculous. I know this is mainly because most places require paperwork for sales at gun shows even when the seller is not an FFL holder. This has its good points and bad points. I think it has pushed out some of the folks who would be bringing harder to find and older weapons/accessories.
I still go to gun shows (I think there is one this weekend in Roseburg), mainly to get accessories and some ammo. I will browse the whole show to check prices before buying. I even drew out a map of tables and prices for what I was lookin for at one show.
So, yes, the idea of a gun show has gone away from what it use to be. But, there are sometimes good deals, and they are also good for checking out items that you are thinking of getting elsewhere.

I go occasionally.

When I lived in Seattle there were a number of reasons:

1) To get a firearm from a private seller, without going through an FFL, so that it didn't show up in the state or federal database - but I would not pay over retail if I could get it at an LGS for retail or less. E.G., I specifically waited several years to find my AR 50 from a private seller because there was talk of banning them and I didn't want it to show up on any list.

2) Gun shows often had firearms from private collectors that you could no longer get anywhere else, usually because they were no longer made, or because it was some kind of custom. E.G., I found and bought this at a WAC show:

wtf20070625ace.jpg

The seller was walking around with it - he didn't even have a table. I have bought a number of firearms that way.

3) I just like looking at guns. No one gun shop has everything I am interested in. I can also compare prices without running around. Sometimes a seller has a pretty good deal on something and I buy on a whim.

But yes, I ignore any item that is above retail - if it is available elsewhere for MSRP or less.

But yes, I ignore any item that is above retail - if it is available elsewhere for MSRP or less.

I won't even pay MSRP----on ANYTHING.

"Buy this 2015 Ford F150 for $2295.00 off MSRP!".............COME ON DOWN!

No thank you.

I'll start negotiating at $9295.00 off MSRP, and we won't end up anywhere close to MSRP.

Vehicles
Guns
Accessories

Ice Cream
Steak
:D:D:D:D:D;);););):D:D:D:D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class