JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
ah dont do that to yourself,just send it in,it'll take a while but they will fix it.If you destroy it they win,your out every penny.They're good about warrenty but very slow.I feel your frustration though.

I purchased a Taurus PT145 new from Gun Zone at one of the Portland gunshows recently. One selling point to buying the gun, for me, was Gun Zone said the pistol was covered by Davidson's GuaranteeD lifetime replacement guarantee. So I leave with the pistol and warranty card to send in or fill out online. That day I submitted the warranty info online through the Gallery of Guns/Davidson's website. So 3 months or so have passed - I am having issues with this pistol and contact Gun Zone about possible replacement through the Davidson's warranty. Whoops - no record of the gun being covered under that warranty.... WTF? Sure, I can deal directly with Taurus, but I was told/sold the gun with this seemingly too good to be true Davidson's lifetime thing.

Just be careful!!!!

Can someone please explain this "davidson Guarantee" to me? Bought several guns and have never heard of this before now.

Can someone please explain this "davidson Guarantee" to me? Bought several guns and have never heard of this before now.

Davidson's sells to dealers across the USA, or, consumers can enter orders through galleryofgun.com which finds guns in stock at local participating retailers. In my case, I bought a gun from a local dealer at the portland gunshow and he provided a Davidson's warranty card with the gun. Then, you go fill out the form or register it online and joila, you have lifetime coverage - right?

In theory, under the warranty, if anything goes wrong with the gun, you bring it back to the dealer, they handle sending it off, etc, and Davidson's sends you a replacement gun through the dealer. If the dealer goes out of business, then you deal with Davidson's and another of their local dealers.

Fast forward, I am having issues with the gun I bought and wanted to exercise my rights under the warranty. Except, whoops, this particular gun I bought was not a 'Davidson's' gun afterall.

I don't care if the dealer made a little mistake. If the dealer professed that this was a Davidson's product, and that profession impacted your buying decision, then I believe it is the dealers responsibility, and definitely in the dealers best interest, to take care of you.

If they run and hide, and plead ignorance over such a simple matter, then I would not be able to trust them on any matter. I would certainly know that I could not count on them to provide any customer service, and it would definitely weigh on my decision of where to buy my next gun, if the "deals" were similar, otherwise, between them and other dealerships.

I would also spread the word about this experience, if this experience truly came down as you've shared it.

I would think that Davidson's would be a little more interested in this, also. Although they were not the ones to misrepresent the warranty, it could very well make other buyers re-think the legitimacy of any warranty. Although Davidson's is not responsible, in this case, I would think they would apply a little pressure to the dealer, in Davidson's own best interest.

WAYNO.

I don't care if the dealer made a little mistake. If the dealer professed that this was a Davidson's product, and that profession impacted your buying decision, then I believe it is the dealers responsibility, and definitely in the dealers best interest, to take care of you.

If they run and hide, and plead ignorance over such a simple matter, then I would not be able to trust them on any matter. I would certainly know that I could not count on them to provide any customer service, and it would definitely weigh on my decision of where to buy my next gun, if the "deals" were similar, otherwise, between them and other dealerships.

I would also spread the word about this experience, if this experience truly came down as you've shared it.

I would think that Davidson's would be a little more interested in this, also. Although they were not the ones to misrepresent the warranty, it could very well make other buyers re-think the legitimacy of any warranty. Although Davidson's is not responsible, in this case, I would think they would apply a little pressure to the dealer, in Davidson's own best interest.

WAYNO.

the dealer - Gun Zone - quickly distanced himself from any responsibility to me. Read his receipt if you purchase a gun from him. Very clearly spelled out - once you buy the gun, don't bring it back to me if you have problems - go to the manufacturer (my loose interpretation). That's what made the Davidson's warranty so appealling. And that's his response to me - go to Taurus. As a general policy, I don't buy from places that have no customer support. He could at least - LEAST - offer to send it to Taurus/Miami on his nickle. That's a $60 overnight ride for the gun.

As others have said, I think your best bet is to file a complaint with the AG. The BBB I don't really trust. The member businesses have to pay the BBB to be members. That there seems to me like a big ole conflict of interests. Do you think they are going to put the interests of consumers who pay the BBB nothing above the interests of the businesses that pay them to do what they do?

I've been thinking about this, all morning. As respected as Davidson's has been in our world, I wrote them to suggest they be a little more interested in this issue.

BBB? Wont waste my time with them.

AG? I've complained to them before, when something has been misrepresented by a business. The AG has always taken my complaints seriously, and the businesses will be required to address the issue. I would get ahold of them, right away.

And, although it sticks in your craw to have to ship the gun on your nickle, a FFL can ship it pretty cheap thru the USPS. If you do not have a convenient FFL that respects you, I will turn you on to mine.

WAYNO.

I've been thinking about this, all morning. As respected as Davidson's has been in our world, I wrote them to suggest they be a little more interested in this issue.

BBB? Wont waste my time with them.

AG? I've complained to them before, when something has been misrepresented by a business. The AG has always taken my complaints seriously, and the businesses will be required to address the issue. I would get ahold of them, right away.

WAYNO.

yeah - maybe I will.

I received a reply from Davidson's, today. They said they knew of this issue with the Gun Zone, and had heard from other folks with the same concern.

They asked me to watch for a "change" to their website because of this.

WAYNO.

I received a reply from Davidson's, today. They said they knew of this issue with the Gun Zone, and had heard from other folks with the same concern.

They asked me to watch for a "change" to their website because of this.

WAYNO.

interesting. I wonder how many other folks besides myself. Thanks for inquiring, by the way.

I purchased a Taurus PT145 new from Gun Zone at one of the Portland gunshows recently. One selling point to buying the gun, for me, was Gun Zone said the pistol was covered by Davidson's GuaranteeD lifetime replacement guarantee. So I leave with the pistol and warranty card to send in or fill out online. That day I submitted the warranty info online through the Gallery of Guns/Davidson's website. So 3 months or so have passed - I am having issues with this pistol and contact Gun Zone about possible replacement through the Davidson's warranty. Whoops - no record of the gun being covered under that warranty.... WTF? Sure, I can deal directly with Taurus, but I was told/sold the gun with this seemingly too good to be true Davidson's lifetime thing.

Just be careful!!!!

Dear Dobeman,

Hello, I am Bryan Tucker, CEO/President of Davidson's and I have just been made aware of your warranty problem. I just got off the phone with Diane Anderson in my office and told her to make sure you got a replacement gun. If you could make contact with at her 800-367-4867 or by email [email protected].

It was also discussed that the dealer admitted he had made a mistake by giving you the warranty card and felt very bad about doing such. Considering we have never received another complaint about the dealer, at this time we feel we should consider it just such, an honest mistake.

Should have any more difficultly please feel free to contact me at [email protected] or by calling office 336-665-0644.

Sincerely,

Bryan Tucker
Davidson's
CEO/President

Dear Dobeman,

Hello, I am Bryan Tucker, CEO/President of Davidson's and I have just been made aware of your warranty problem. I just got off the phone with Diane Anderson in my office and told her to make sure you got a replacement gun. If you could make contact with at her 800-367-4867 or by email [email protected].

It was also discussed that the dealer admitted he had made a mistake by giving you the warranty card and felt very bad about doing such. Considering we have never received another complaint about the dealer, at this time we feel we should consider it just such, an honest mistake.

Should have any more difficultly please feel free to contact me at [email protected] or by calling office 336-665-0644.

Sincerely,

Bryan Tucker
Davidson's
CEO/President

[SIZE="5[B]"]^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Folks, this is what customer service looks like. Sometimes it is hard to find nowadays, so in case you had forgotten... this is what it looks like!! [/B][/SIZE]

Wow!! Certainly above and beyond!! :s0155:

And when I saw you were a tarheel - I knew - I am a Carolina boy double :s0155:

and yes, I've agreed with the local dealer here it was his mistake. No other malintent.

I'll continue discussions on phone/email.
thanks

This is the GunZone, a small gunstore that you had been thrashing since the very beginning. We repeatedly apologized and that you had accepted; offered our help to send the gun back to Taurus, but you refused. We had responded and explained our side to DOJ with regards to your complaint against our store. The best news is, Mr. Tucker, Davidson's CEO was very kind to give you a replacement gun. We are very grateful. Once we received that replacement gun, we will contact. We always strive to give professional and humane service.

Pretty soon, you will get your second Taurus PT 145. Thanks to generousity of Mr. Tucker.

GunZone

Not sure what else needs to be said. Through nothing you, Gun Zone, or I did, Davidson's has stepped up. I am as overwhelmingly pleased as anybody.

The value of this thread going forward is as a tutorial for what customer service is. When I go to spend money on guns in the future - who's name will be foremost in my mind - yep - DAVIDSONS. :s0155:

And GunZone, I'm sure your loyal customers have their reasons for putting you first in their minds.

I will echo what has been said. Davidson's went way-overboard in making this right for the customer, in spite of them having no responsibility to do so, and in spite of them not being a part of the misrepresentation.

Thank you Davidson's, and especially, Mr. Tucker.

I also believe that even if the selling dealer made an honest mistake, he certainly could have avoided some heartburn by making it right, himself.

WAYNO.

Dear Dobeman,

Sincerely,

Bryan Tucker
Davidson's
CEO/President

Thanks for stepping up Bryan.
There are several of your dealers and several Davidson's customers on this site.
I am amazed that you signed up for an account just to help one end-user.:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR