Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

DE .50 pistol whip or fox pepper spray? can theives...

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by SVT-ROY, Jun 1, 2013.

1. SVT-ROY

SVT-ROY Tigard Resident Beretta guru

I'm setting a trap tonight oh yessss. last night I went to the rigg and noticed my motion light on and a huge bag of cans vanished. I don't care about the cans of course its about the act of the tweaker. I might go to the tigard homeless camp and lay the god hand down, its a block away! Any thoughts? I love the fox but maybe the DE would scare the piss out of a low life. I don't think a rubber slug would be to wise....

2. Kevinkris

Kevinkris Aloha Well-Known Member

maybe your should rig the pepper spray to your bag of cans, so that it will discharge in the direction of the would be deposit thieves. would discourage them from doing it again, i wouldnt recommend hunting them down.

besides, it would take a lot of effort to clean the hobo off your pistol.

3. SVT-ROY

SVT-ROY Tigard Resident Beretta guru

That was my first thought...A simple solenoid to a wood frame could be the ticket..I also have a cool chamberlain motion setup I use in summertime I'll set up tonight to be alerted. I'm in an industrial area so I have no neighbors so I might take a nap in the bed of my power stroke.

Operation Tweakerbaiting is a green light!

4. Kevinkris

Kevinkris Aloha Well-Known Member

maybe go with a spring loaded board that has a nail in it to punch a hole in the can, no better way to empty the can in just a second or two. if you do it right, there would be a cloud in an instant.

also its normally power stroke then nap but maybe thats just me.:dunno:

5. Blan Dam

Blan Dam Ridgfield, WA New Member

Jesus who cares. He's gonna make more use out of em. As long as its trash day and there out on the street. Or bubblegum it go on a hobo pistol whipping rampage..

OLDNEWBIE and (deleted member) like this.
  6. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

I'd leave it alone, It's not worth it, although I do fantasize at times about what I'd do as these types are everywhere in my area. How about keeping the cans out of sight?
    If you ever win the lottery you could get revenge by distributing $100 bills to all the bums and tweakers you can find in a three day period. This would cause them all to self destruct in a very short time.

7. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

Whats a rigg? Is it a can storage apparatus with a motion light?:)

8. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Don't scuff up that Desert Eagle - use a rock or something. That was an absolutely joy to shoot.

9. Frankenrifle

Frankenrifle Clatskanie Active Member

Dye Pack.

That way you'll know which one to keep an eye on.

10. broncman

broncman E. of Portland yet to close! Quality Control!

This sounds like the person that leaves a purse in the passenger seat and then complains that thier car got broken into.

Sling Blade and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Taurus 617 CCW

Taurus 617 CCW Northern Idaho Member

For less than $200, you can get a day/night infrared security camera. Just record their activity and turn it over to the local authorities. There is a good chance that they are already attracting attention elsewhere too.

12. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

If you going to do this, go all the way and dig a pit, put a tiger in the bottom and cover it with fake grass. That will show that dam dirty bum not to steal your $1.75 worth of empty Safeway bottled water containers!!

13. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Did you know you can buy that horrible fluorescent road-marking paint (the crap that never wears off) by the gallon? An air-based delivery system painting the tweaker would be easy and potentially quite rewarding.

14. RBid

RBid Wilsonville, OR Well-Known Member

If you're serious about scaring someone away, you should set up an elaborate scheme to convince the local kids that you're a ghostly race car driver, haunting the area. Just be sure to put up a "Pesky Kid Free Zone" sign.

Foolproof.

15. Kid@Heart

Kid@Heart Vancouver, USA Cynic Lifetime Supporter Diamond Supporter

It isn't worth it.

No amount of scaring is going to work. Not sure how much you are willing to escalate the incident over a few empty cans, but this kind of confrontation can get out of hand real fast. Don't assume the other person is rational and will react as you suspect. Don't assume the local Law Enforcement types will be amused by what they typically call "menacing".

Put your stuff away (out of sight), call the cops if someone is prowling around outside and never, ever, ever give up all of your legal and tactical advantage by going outside.

Of course this is just my opinion and is worth a lot to me and very little to anyone else.

fireninja13 and (deleted member) like this.