JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can't answer for anyone else, but for me this is all a game of sorts. I try to figure out where things are headed, and position myself accordingly. It incorporates a love of history and economics into something interesting and useful (trend analysis and forecasting). So naturally I am attracted to interesting news items and discussions on where things could be headed. So for me, reading other people's opinions even though I often times disagree with them on the "why(s)" of it all, and discussing/debating these issues, is of value (and fun).

I totally get that it's a hobby, and therefor offers a type of gratification. But fun? These threads are full of doom and gloom, and induce images of people sitting in their living rooms peeking out their blinds with AR15s across their laps.

I totally get that it's a hobby, and therefor offers a type of gratification. But fun? These threads are full of doom and gloom, and induce images of people sitting in their living rooms peeking out their blinds with AR15s across their laps.

There is no hobby about it.
Maybe for you, but for most of us it is a fight to save what's left of our country. No blinds, nothing resting on our laps !
You are not in the right loop.

There is no hobby about it.
Maybe for you, but for most of us it is a fight to save what's left of our country. No blinds, nothing resting on our laps !
You are not in the right loop.

I'm so far out of the "loop" you can't even smell me. You're not trying to "save what's left," you're just FUTILELY resisting inevitable change. The entire world is changing, and changing all the time. Progress is not a bad word, bro. These aren't the wild west days where everyone's out for himself and everyone's on his own. We're a nationalized people, and globalizing rapidly. The more people you have, the more government you have, the more government you have, the more stuff the government does. They're not out to get you. They don't even care about you- they just need your tax dollars. For nefarious ends? Well yes, probably- but the personal gain type. NOT end-the-world type. They just want to be richer... and the only way to do that is to keep you safe and content.

And here you are... perfectly safe and content, kicked back in your easy chair, drinking a Bud Lite and indulging your guilty pleasure.

...They're not out to get you. They don't even care about you- they just need your tax dollars. For nefarious ends? Well yes, probably- but the personal gain type. NOT end-the-world type. They just want to be richer... and the only way to do that is to keep you safe and content.

That is what I believe too. I know there are some people (mainly in Europe) who would like to see us brought down quite a few notches, but here at home the politicians, bureaucrats, and "new rich" definitely want to maintain "safe and content" so they can enjoy the fruits of their, um, "labors." To accomplish that they believe they will have to quell any discontent before it gathers momentum.

To accomplish that they believe they will have to quell any discontent before it gathers momentum.

Then I'm guessing where we disagree is on the level of discontent- some people on this board seem to think there's a lot. I'm not seeing it. All I'm seeing are fat, happy Americans occasional belching first-world complaints between bites off their hamburgers. There's nothing to "quell."

for all the talk of how we are on the brink; or approaching it; (I agree with the premise that we are approaching a point where a reset is needed)...... Ben does have a point on the simple observable fact that people......the majority that are out and about in most places....are fat and happy and not caring...... just like in Orwell's 1984 novel.....and just like the scenes with the "2-minute hate" before going back to being fat and happy and not caring....we have news on the evils of "terrorists", "drugs", "gun owners"....and this allows people to direct their hatred, their discontent and their unhappiness onto vague things and ideas without OWNING up to their responsibilities. V from Vendetta said it very well...

Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you.

that said... instead of Mad Max scenario, we instead get this. A scenario in which the Government..after using false flag operations, after using scandals and operations, got exactly what it wanted...which was absolute power over the peoples...and legally; without so much as a civil war...with some bloodshed from the riots, some covert operations.... and using the scheme of controlling public opinion by indoctrination...... the world is looking more and more each day, like the world V for Vendetta showed....

EDIT: let us break down the above quoted, and note the parallels.
1)Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there?-
YES there is.

2)Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression.
-Ironically, we DO have such things, but we are promoting the SAME; cruelty of social networks, of opinions, of threats from keyboard commandos, injustices done to both conservatives and liberals on gun rights, on personal rights, on privacy, intolerance of opinions that differs, and of certain lifestyles, oppression of peoples property rights, personal privacy, and of speech

3) And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.
right now we have the NSA's tracking, the CIA's information network , all the way down to "outing" offensive users on the internet (look at the example of how a woman tried to throw away her cat in a trash, and how 4chan tracked down her address and such and got charges brought up on to her)

4) How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you
-9/11; Patriot Act, NSA, Project Prism, War on Terror, War on Drugs, AIDS/HIV, Meth,

Then I'm guessing where we disagree is on the level of discontent- some people on this board seem to think there's a lot. I'm not seeing it. All I'm seeing are fat, happy Americans occasional belching first-world complaints between bites off their hamburgers. There's nothing to "quell."

No, I don't see much on a widespread public scale either, but see quite a bit among the circle I tend to run in. Those are mostly resource-investor type people who generally are of the Austrian school of economics. They don't see a way out of this present economic situation, short of some sort of collapse of debt. But no, not a level of discontent out there now that would result in a breakdown or riots. Sometimes I throw out "2015.75" as the likely period when we could see that here, but that is based on Martin Armstrong's timing model. He is a lot smarter than I am. But what I think is happening here and now is authorities are preparing for a heightened level of dissatisfaction, which could then turn into riots and societal breakdown in certain areas. So some of those preparations are becoming public knowledge by way of news reports which don't identify the real reason(s) behind the preparations.

for all the talk of how we are on the brink; or approaching it; (I agree with the premise that we are approaching a point where a reset is needed)...... Ben does have a point on the simple observable fact that people......the majority that are out and about in most places....are fat and happy and not caring...... just like in Orwell's 1984 novel.....and just like the scenes with the "2-minute hate" before going back to being fat and happy and not caring....we have news on the evils of "terrorists", "drugs", "gun owners"....and this allows people to direct their hatred, their discontent and their unhappiness onto vague things and ideas without OWNING up to their responsibilities. V from Vendetta said it very well...

that said... instead of Mad Max scenario, we instead get this. A scenario in which the Government..after using false flag operations, after using scandals and operations, got exactly what it wanted...which was absolute power over the peoples...and legally; without so much as a civil war...with some bloodshed from the riots, some covert operations.... and using the scheme of controlling public opinion by indoctrination...... the world is looking more and more each day, like the world V for Vendetta showed....

EDIT: let us break down the above quoted, and note the parallels.
YES there is.

-Ironically, we DO have such things, but we are promoting the SAME; cruelty of social networks, of opinions, of threats from keyboard commandos, injustices done to both conservatives and liberals on gun rights, on personal rights, on privacy, intolerance of opinions that differs, and of certain lifestyles, oppression of peoples property rights, personal privacy, and of speech

right now we have the NSA's tracking, the CIA's information network , all the way down to "outing" offensive users on the internet (look at the example of how a woman tried to throw away her cat in a trash, and how 4chan tracked down her address and such and got charges brought up on to her)

-9/11; Patriot Act, NSA, Project Prism, War on Terror, War on Drugs, AIDS/HIV, Meth,

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.

I'm so far out of the "loop" you can't even smell me. You're not trying to "save what's left," you're just FUTILELY resisting inevitable change. The entire world is changing, and changing all the time. Progress is not a bad word, bro. These aren't the wild west days where everyone's out for himself and everyone's on his own. We're a nationalized people, and globalizing rapidly. The more people you have, the more government you have, the more government you have, the more stuff the government does. They're not out to get you. They don't even care about you- they just need your tax dollars. For nefarious ends? Well yes, probably- but the personal gain type. NOT end-the-world type. They just want to be richer... and the only way to do that is to keep you safe and content.

And here you are... perfectly safe and content, kicked back in your easy chair, drinking a Bud Lite and indulging your guilty pleasure.
That Bud'll sure ease the mark of the beast. gotcha

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top