JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was going to post something rather pithy at this point, about the use of high-definition imaging systems with which I am very familiar, but I've decided to shut up, as I'm a furriner.

The tin-foil hat brigade, for a change, DO seem to have a point. Ten years ago we had airborne imaging systems that could render a UK license plate readable at fifteen miles slant range - what we now have, thanks to RaythEon [not RaythOen] and others here in Yoorup must be significantly superior to that. THIRTY years ago, over in Northern Ireland, I was looking at recognisable human faces to which I could put names from a slant range of more than three miles, and that was on archaic wet-chemistry photography.

See - Raythoen [sic], a defense contractor, said last year that these aerostats can carry powerful surveillance systems capable of tracking people and vehicles from miles away, the report said. The Army, though it did not rule out the possibility of mounting these cameras, reportedly said it has no current plans to install them.

Read the words, folks - 'no current plans'.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

tac

I was going to post something rather pithy at this point, about the use of high-definition imaging systems with which I am very familiar, but I've decided to shut up, as I'm a furriner.

The tin-foil hat brigade, for a change, DO seem to have a point. Ten years ago we had airborne imaging systems that could render a UK license plate readable at fifteen miles slant range - what we now have, thanks to RaythEon [not RaythOen] and others here in Yoorup must be significantly superior to that. THIRTY years ago, over in Northern Ireland, I was looking at recognisable human faces to which I could put names from a slant range of more than three miles, and that was on archaic wet-chemistry photography.

See - Raythoen [sic], a defense contractor, said last year that these aerostats can carry powerful surveillance systems capable of tracking people and vehicles from miles away, the report said. The Army, though it did not rule out the possibility of mounting these cameras, reportedly said it has no current plans to install them.

Read the words, folks - 'no current plans'.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

tac

Yes, I will confirm your post. The imaging technology today would make the average person shudder.
From 3 miles now they can damn near count the pores on your skin.

Don't lase me, bro! (a play on the don't tase me, bro!) I'm sure (I didn't read it) can track/lase many, many "targets" simultaneously.. for eyeballing or something much worse. Perhaps it can be deployed on the southern border along with a few hundred killer drones.

They are putting these up around DC. That means they are afraid of some kind of repercussion coming down the pike, so logic says there is something in the wind they plan to do that scares them. I think they are covering their azzes for a nation changing pre planned event that will set the people off.
This is not being done for fear of any foreign enemy. This is short range perimeter surveillance.
Do any of you realize the potential significance of this? I sure hope so.

They are putting these up around DC. That means they are afraid of some kind of repercussion coming down the pike, so logic says there is something in the wind they plan to do that scares them. I think they are covering their azzes for a nation changing pre planned event that will set the people off.
This is not being done for fear of any foreign enemy. This is short range perimeter surveillance.

Well, friend, that's just about a summary of what I DIDN'T say in my post. Thanks for saying it for me.

The Irish have an old saying - Bí fainiciúil de righ Bailíonn strainséirí láidir timpeall air. - 'Be wary of a king who surrounds himself with strong strangers.'

tac

Here is the thing about District of Columbia....because it is not the same as the States, it is in fact a FEDERAL territory.... in which people who live there, are defacto Federal Citizens, not State citizens...
As permitted by the U.S. Constitution, the District is under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Congress and is therefore not a part of any U.S. state.

therefore people who live there are not part of any US state, but under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Congress...in essence; under the control of the Federal government directly without real representatives. (kinda like the rest of us, but with even less apparent rights)

Here is the thing about District of Columbia....because it is not the same as the States, it is in fact a FEDERAL territory.... in which people who live there, are defacto Federal Citizens, not State citizens...

therefore people who live there are not part of any US state, but under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Congress...in essence; under the control of the Federal government directly without real representatives. (kinda like the rest of us, but with even less apparent rights)

Yeah it pretty much tells me they are planning evil and crapping their pants in fear ahead of the game.
L&L

They know the time is long past for the fireworks to begin & they are getting antsy waiting

The fact that you guys haven't all been black sacked is strong evidence that you are, have always been, completely full of it.

No thanks... Don't need any tinfoil over here. I live in a world where about 99% of our countrymen are basically content with the way our world is set up, and a government that's really happy that their tax payers are really happy.

Seriously, though... wouldn't you be a lot happier if you just gave up the tinfoil? Wouldn't you like to just walk through a sunny park with a big smile eating a chocolate ice cream cone, not worried your government is about to gas you at any second for absolutely no reason?

It doesn't cost me anything if you guys live lives of anxiety and hate... I'm just trying to offer you some firm ground here. And no, it doesn't mean being a bubbleguming "sheep" and gobbling down the mainstream media's garbage- I haven't watched the news in like 3 years. I come to the conclusions I come to based on my own two eyeballs and the obvious, observable success that is this nation of ours.

Fricken A... you only get one life here, gentlemen. Why not at least try enjoying it?

Sure, they are planning ahead. The fear of civil unrest is likely a big part of it. Any one of several likely upcoming events could set it off: Pension/IRA/401k fund expropriations, currency reset, curtailment of entitlement programs, etc. Who knows what will set it off. DC wants the area to be ready in case they become the focus of people's wrath displayed in a violent way. We are entering a civil unrest cycle that is worldwide, and it will hit here in the US beginning in a year or two. It won't be over until the problems we face are over, which necessitates a cleaning up and "reboot" of the system. (It must be nice to be able to use nonexistent funds to protect yourself from what your own actions have caused!)

I'm glad we are on the West Coast. But I'll be happier when we are about 350 miles east of here.

The broadcast news last night said it was to knockdown ship fired Cruise Missiles.

from whom??? Cuba? Russia is not going to be attacking us or promoting attacks on us, they depend on our money to buy the oil that they help protect.... along with the fact their Navy just has not been as advanced or as well maintained for the last 15 years...and they're too busy with their Olympic thing to think about attacking US...(or promoting attacks on US from Cuba, for that matter).... with how we have a rather formidable fleet and several bases right around DC....I think it is more related to "terrorist attacks" and "rogue military elements" than from other countries who depends on our government to keep providing credit and aid to them even at the expense of our peoples.....

never mind how difficult it would be for a civilian to acquire cruise missiles...

...It doesn't cost me anything if you guys live lives of anxiety and hate...
Fricken A... you only get one life here, gentlemen. Why not at least try enjoying it?

I can't answer for anyone else, but for me this is all a game of sorts. I try to figure out where things are headed, and position myself accordingly. It incorporates a love of history and economics into something interesting and useful (trend analysis and forecasting). So naturally I am attracted to interesting news items and discussions on where things could be headed. So for me, reading other people's opinions even though I often times disagree with them on the "why(s)" of it all, and discussing/debating these issues, is of value (and fun).

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top