JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1st I don't think there is a single organization that can survive without contributions from supporting interested parties. Secondly as far as I last knew Mr. Pyles was accused of being extremely disgruntled but this "charge" has never been elaborated on. This fact kind of makes it appear as though someone over reacted, over stepped their authority and made a huge issue where there may not have been one at all.

Smells like an supervisor got pissy at someone and decided since they were aware of the guys gun interest used it as a weapon against him (yes this is my guess). But until I hear more details about this "extremely disgruntled" behavior (seems like they are ducking this part of the thing) I'm assuming (yes assuming) that the thought police got their spurs all up and screwed the pooch!

And if you don't like OFF unsubscribe from their alerts and quit railing on them.

Aw, did we get our widdle feewings hurt, and all with no facts which Pyles himself is hiding?
Off's techniques suck.
Now there's a quote for y'all.
Geez Gunner, if there was ever a case for "the pot calling the kettle black," that's it!
Your tactics throughout this entire discussion reflect your disdain for anyone and everyone that disagrees with you, and your obvious inability to discuss the topic in a civil manner.
Can't you reply to someone's post without ridicule?

Now there's a quote for y'all.
Geez Gunner, if there was ever a case for "the pot calling the kettle black," that's it!
Your tactics throughout this entire discussion reflect your disdain for anyone and everyone that disagrees with you, and your obvious inability to discuss the topic in a civil manner.
Can't you reply to someone's post without ridicule?

All of Pyles' personnel and psychiatric records are sealed. Only he can release them and he hasn't. If he sues, he will have to release them in discovery. I wonder why he hasn't yet sued?

ODOT fired him with no apparent fear of the consequences. Ever wonder why?

OFF knows NOTHING pertinent to the case whatsoever and yet they get all wound up in fund raising, not even knowing if perhaps Pyles really is a nutcase and a bad guy. The bottom line is always money.

Now someone here, once again, makes uniformed assumptions, tells a silly story about what "must" have happened, and then tells me that I should stop "railing" on OFF.

Then there's always you, ready to jump in with nothing accurate to add to the case itself. You yourself prefer to make things personal instead of discussing and adding to the topic.

No one here has a clue as to what Pyles is or why he was fired or why he was picked up on a protective custody action, yet so many are experts on the fact that he was wronged. OFF is the worst offender, in my opinion. I see them as wanting to raise money regardless of whether Pyles is deserving of anything. It's always the money.

Have a nice day!! :)

Now if your responses stayed in that category no one would be "making it personal," like you do.

Back off the personal ridicule gunner, and you'll get farther with your argument.

Now if your responses stayed in that category no one would be "making it personal," like you do.

Back off the personal ridicule gunner, and you'll get farther with your argument.

Add something pertinent to the topic, just once, will you, instead of discussing your opinions of members?

How much do you know about the inside sealed facts regarding Pyles? Anything at all?

How much do you know about why he was fired, and why ODOT wasn't afraid to do it? It's pretty hard to fire a state employee in the first place you know, let alone without cause.

Are you ever going to discuss the FACTS about the Pyles case, or are you just going to keep making drive-by remarks about members?

I have never seen one single intelligent thing out of you regarding the Pyles case. Never, because you can talk but you don't know anything about what really happened with Pyles. Nothing.

Add something pertinent to the topic, just once, will you, instead of discussing your opinions of members?
Stop ridiculing others gunner and I'll stop calling you out.
How much do you know about the inside sealed facts regarding Pyles? Anything at all?
As much as anyone here. That's what they mean by "sealed" I believe. Are you telling us you know more??
How much do you know about why he was fired, and why ODOT wasn't afraid to do it? It's pretty hard to fire a state employee in the first place you know, let alone without cause.
You need to read up on the definition of an "At Will" employment clause. Oregon has this.
Are you ever going to discuss the FACTS about the Pyles case, or are you just going to keep making drive-by remarks about members?
The fact is, that various police agencies coerced the man out of his home by threat of extreme force and violence. They did so on a "suspicion" based on gun purchases that were disclosed inappropriately and maybe illegally.
Due process was subverted in the interest of "the greater good."
I have never seen one single intelligent thing out of you regarding the Pyles case. Never, because you can talk but you don't know anything about what really happened with Pyles. Nothing
There you go again, slamming someone's level of intelligence because they disagree with you.
I am really glad you are not the deciding factor in this case gunner, as we would all be subject to gestapo tactics in the name of public safety.

Keep it up, maybe you can get this thread closed too. Thereby accomplishing your apparent real goal, which seems to be preventing civil discourse on the topic.

Stop ridiculing others gunner and I'll stop calling you out.

As much as anyone here. That's what they mean by "sealed" I believe. Are you telling us you know more??

You need to read up on the definition of an "At Will" employment clause. Oregon has this.

The fact is, that various police agencies coerced the man out of his home by threat of extreme force and violence. They did so on a "suspicion" based on gun purchases that were disclosed inappropriately and maybe illegally.
Due process was subverted in the interest of "the greater good."

No, those are not the facts at all. You made up your mind a long time ago that those were the facts, and nothing new can enter your mind.

There you go again, slamming someone's level of intelligence because they disagree with you.
I am really glad you are not the deciding factor in this case gunner, as we would all be subject to gestapo tactics in the name of public safety.

Keep it up, maybe you can get this thread closed too. Thereby accomplishing your apparent real goal, which seems to be preventing civil discourse on the topic.

I'm not "slamming" your level of intelligence because you disagree with me. I'm just pointing out that you haven't learned anything lately. :s0155:

If you ever have someone on the phone "requesting" that you surrender yourself, while a SWAT team is pointing tactical weapons at you/your home, then you can tell us how "the facts" are otherwise gunner.
Until then spare us your "all-knowing" drivel regarding due process.

Again:Keep it up, maybe you can get this thread closed too. Thereby accomplishing your apparent real goal, which seems to be preventing civil discourse on the topic.

Last Edited:
Until then spare us your "all-knowing" drivel regarding due process.

Why don't you spare us your ignorance about the laws concerning "due process" regarding protective custody?

You still don't get it and you never will. You are completely ignorant about protective custody laws, but that doesn't slow you down one bit. Never has, never will. :s0131:

You don't want to talk about that SWAT team and where their weapons were pointed, and why they were there in the first place do you. What they did constitutes coercion.
Which brings to the point about "the facts" you choose to ignore. Which of course is the root word of "ignorance."
And in your case it seems to be willfully so.

In the last thread (that you got closed) you repeatedly contested that Mr. Pyles was not taken into custody.
Now you admit that he was, but only for his protection? Wow, I guess those ARs that SWAT was packing were there to "protect" him.
Gosh, who-da-thunk-it?!?!?
Puhhleeeze!!!

You don't want to talk about that SWAT team and where their weapons were pointed, and why they were there in the first place do you. What they did constitutes coercion.
Which brings to the point about "the facts" you choose to ignore. Which of course is the root word of "ignorance."
And in your case it seems to be willfully so.

In the last thread (that you got closed) you repeatedly contested that Mr. Pyles was not taken into custody.
Now you admit that he was, but only for his protection? Wow, I guess those ARs that SWAT was packing were there to "protect" him.
Gosh, who-da-thunk-it?!?!?
Puhhleeeze!!!

I can't help you. I doubt if anyone else could either.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top