JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1. They come get you because they have enough evidence or speculation that you are a threat..

Hmmm, speculation? Ahhh yup sheriff we got a lot of that, evidence, sorry boss No evidence but can we do the raid anyhows, please boss please!!!!!!

If you just knew something about "reasonable suspicion" as opposed to whatever vague form of "evidence" or "speculation" you're referring to, you'd understand the law. Google is your friend if you'd like to know...

The police got their reasonable suspicion from reports from ODOT and other police agencies. That's ALL they needed.

NOT BEING mental health professionals themselves, and therefore unable to make the call about Pyles' mental health, they were REQUIRED BY LAW to have Pyles evaluated by someone who WAS qualified to make the mental health judgment.

Having done what they were supposed to do, and the mental health professionals also having done what they were required by law to do, Pyles was found to be OK and released.

Geez, FOF - the guy was a captured enemy combatant, not a US citizen on US soil.

Are you Obama's teacher or something, LOL?

No that's not what I am saying at all. Put yourself in that guys shoes. If you were taken and held for years and you know you did nothing how would you feel? How do you think we should feel if we found out they had no reason to hold you for that length of time but did it anyways. Would that be right?

To me in both instances there needs to be responsible actions and reactions to what has and is being done. Don't do something to someone just because you can. And If what you did was wrong don't do it again and learn from your mistakes.

I do not think that's what is happening.

No that's not what I am saying at all. Put yourself in that guys shoes. if you were taken and held for years and you know you did nothing how would you feel? How do you thinbk we should feel if we found out they had no reason to hold you for that length of time but did it anyways. Would that be right?

Frankly My Dear, I don't give a bubblegum how a captured Muslim enemy combatant "feels" or whether you think it's "right." He's not entitled to our constitutional protections.

Personally I'd put him in front of a firing squad and shoot his azz, starting down at his bubblegum and working my way up. How do you "feel" about that? :D

Touchy-feely, touchy-feely "feels" so good, LOL. :s0155:

Frankly My Dear, I don't give a bubblegum how a captured Muslim enemy combatant "feels" or whether you think it's "right." He's not entitled to our constitutional protections.

Personally I'd put him in front of a firing squad and shoot his azz, starting down at his bubblegum and working my way up. How do you "feel" about that? :D

Touchy-feely, touchy-feely "feels" so good, LOL. :s0155:

One final question. Do you mean only Muslims or any None American?

I don't give a bubblegum how a captured Muslim enemy combatant "feels" or whether you think it's "right." He's not entitled to our constitutional protections.

Personally I'd put him in front of a firing squad and shoot his azz,

We cannot say how his life will be affected by this incident, especially now that, thanks to the NRA and the Brady Campaign joining forces, "mental health" records are being sent by the states to the Obama administration. We do know that this is a very dangerous situation and one the police have refused to explain or justify.

post the cite that shows that the NRA "joined forces" with the Brady Campaign as stated above.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

post the cite that shows that the NRA "joined forces" with the Brady Campaign as stated above.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

Please provide a link to that so I can see if it's complete, and what the context was. I may or may not have been being sarcastic, dunno. I don't remember it.

Oregon Firearms Federation has an "update" on Mr. Pyles. It's really no update other than he's obviously going to have a heck of a time getting another job given what he's gone through in the last three months. We still don't know what made him "extremely disgruntled" thus unable to know exactly why he needed the attention of the SWAT squad.

Also, great job avoiding getting this thread closed by a mod:s0155:

Oregon Firearms Federation has an "update" on Mr. Pyles. It's really no update other than he's obviously going to have a heck of a time getting another job given what he's gone through in the last three months. We still don't know what made him "extremely disgruntled" thus unable to know exactly why he needed the attention of the SWAT squad.

Also, great job avoiding getting this thread closed by a mod:s0155:

I don't see a new article. Can you give a link? I see the same old stale, knee-jerk and inaccurate article which of course ends in a plea for money. Always a plea for money.

How else do you get money donations unless you have a cause, even if it's bogus?

If Mr. Pyles has a real case, there will be a major lawsuit and a big law firm will take it on contingency, costing Pyles nothing.

If that happens and Pyles wins big, then we'll know he was unfairly damaged. If he receives a fairly small settlement, then we'll know it was a "nuisance" settlement - make him go away cheaper than a lawsuit would have cost.

As for him finding a new job - would you hire him at this point?

If he was badly wronged, I hope he wins big. If he never even files suit, or files and loses, well then...

I don't see a new article. Can you give a link? I see the same old stale, knee-jerk and inaccurate article which of course ends in a plea for money. Always a plea for money.

How else do you get money donations unless you have a cause, even if it's bogus?

If Mr. Pyles has a real case, there will be a major lawsuit and a big law firm will take it on contingency, costing Pyles nothing.

If that happens and Pyles wins big, then we'll know he was unfairly damaged. If he receives a fairly small settlement, then we'll know it was a "nuisance" settlement - make him go away cheaper than a lawsuit would have cost.

As for him finding a new job - would you hire him at this point?

If he was badly wronged, I hope he wins big. If he never even files suit, or files and loses, well then...

My bad. I meant to put one in. Here's the link to the "update"

To be fair, he did put the word "update" in quotation marks.. :D

I'm also confused about why the OFF says Pyles will have trouble securing employment... You'd think that there would be a pro-gun businessman out there who has heard of his plight and is delighted at the opportunity to offer a position to an upstanding citizen who was cruelly and illegally victimized by the anti-gun nanny state... Heck, I'm amazed that half a dozen haven't already stepped forward to help!

I'm proud to say I support OFF. The NRA doesn't exactly do an outstanding job on a state level. But to me OFF is not being clear on why they are supporting Mr. Pyles. I don't like what happened to him but an organization like OFF should relay more details (why was he disgruntled) to its supporters before asking them to fork over some cash.

There are a lot of good people out there that have no work right now and could really use a cash hand out. This seems like a donation tactic to me.

Bottom line, they're begging for money again. They don't tell us why Mr. Pyles isn't eligible for unemployment after being fired. They are confident he will have trouble finding another job.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top