JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
iamme,itmost certainly is required. here is the rule.

•8. Once your item is sold, traded, or you have found what you are looking to purchase, you are required to close the thread to let everyone know it's no longer active.

just above Hangun Classifieds is a link to the rules for posting.fyi

It is actually very easy to close a thread which is not the same as deleting one. Closing a thread puts a virtual padlock on the thread to serve as an indication that either the topic is closed for discussion or an item has been sold/traded etc. When you go to edit a post, there is a drop down menu on the right that allows you to close your thread/ad. It takes 5 seconds to do and I imagine that later on an administrator goes through and deletes them or they are on some sort of timed deletion.

I suppose everyone can potentially have different experiences. I, however, have never had any issues closing threads. It seems to be a very easy process, but then again, everyone can and apparently does have a different experience with it.

Please explain how closing deletes said ad oh wise one. To close you go and choose close ad. You don't delete. For something so easy crazy how fuddled it gets.

•8. Once your item is sold, traded, or you have found what you are looking to purchase, you are required to close the thread to let everyone know it's no longer active.

Guess we should also point out that there are appropriate sections for posts. I don't know that Handgun Discussion is the proper one for complaints reguarding members/classifieds section.

It is actually very easy to close a thread which is not the same as deleting one. Closing a thread puts a virtual padlock on the thread to serve as an indication that either the topic is closed for discussion or an item has been sold/traded etc. When you go to edit a post, there is a drop down menu on the right that allows you to close your thread/ad. It takes 5 seconds to do and I imagine that later on an administrator goes through and deletes them or they are on some sort of timed deletion.

I like the locking as opposed to deleting because it lets you see what things are selling and for how much. If I'm looking for a Glock 22, it is pretty easy to go back and find ones that sold and are locked, to know what I should expect to pay for one if I'm looking to buy one.

Just sayin'

Please explain how closing deletes said ad oh wise one. To close you go and choose close ad. You don't delete. For something so easy crazy how fuddled it gets.

Clearly you're guilty of this, or why else would you be on here arguing about it. You should probably stop now before you look even more foolish! Amazing!!:huh:

Early on, with my first sale I simply typed "SOLD" after my item was gone. The moderator immediately told me to close my thread, and pointed out the rules of this forum. Instead of whining and bubbleguming about it, I just did what was asked of me by the rules of this forum and went on with my life. Simple!

KCKracker's post is valid and part of the rules of this forum. Anyone on here that has a problem with either of these should probably look elsewhere to whine & complain. The rest of us are tired of hearing it.

yep you nailed it. It has absolutely nothing to do with people being lazy and posting things that are wrong, like your buddy KKrack, saying ads must be deleted, then quoting the rule that states otherwise. then his not so smart buddies, aka YOU, hop in to try to defend with some jacktard comments.
And let's not forget the issue of POSTING ADS IN THE WRONG SECTION. But hey we can't all be smart like you two I suppose.

Clearly you're guilty of this, or why else would you be on here arguing about it. You should probably stop now before you look even more foolish! Amazing!!:huh:

Early on, with my first sale I simply typed "SOLD" after my item was gone. The moderator immediately told me to close my thread, and pointed out the rules of this forum. Instead of whining and bubbleguming about it, I just did what was asked of me by the rules of this forum and went on with my life. Simple!

KCKracker's post is valid and part of the rules of this forum. Anyone on here that has a problem with either of these should probably look elsewhere to whine & complain. The rest of us are tired of hearing it.

So for 2's and giggles
23Krack.jpg

So please, tell me all about this

yep you nailed it. It has absolutely nothing to do with people being lazy and posting things that are wrong, like your buddy KKrack, saying ads must be deleted, then quoting the rule that states otherwise. then his not so smart buddies, aka YOU, hop in to try to defend with some jacktard comments.
And let's not forget the issue of POSTING ADS IN THE WRONG SECTION. But hey we can't all be smart like you two I suppose.

I have no idea who KC is. Never met him, never talked to him. I just got on this forum today, saw his post, and liked what he had to say. Then I read your agrument, which absolutely blew me away! I just couldn't believe that there was someone on here agruing with the rules of this forum like you were, so I figured I should say something. KC might have worded it wrong by saying "delete" instead of close, but all of us with high school diploma's actually knew what he meant. To make yourself not look so foolish in the future, maybe you should restrain yourself from replying to every post that you read.

it's just part of dealing with people some are lazy, some are smart, some follow the rules, some don't care about the rules and you just gotta deal with it we all do good luck in all your dealings

You should go back to the list from last year and close those also, just saying.

Huh missed the sarcasm smiley since EVERY ad I've posted since the rules updated February 7th, 2011 I have closed when sold. you'd think mod's would care MORE about junk posts and posting in the wrong area, then those following the rules. But life, she's a crazy thing.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top