JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Woo Hoo, thank you city of Dallas and Mickey Garus. Me and my wife would like to personally thank you guys. You give us hope. Hopefully others will follow suite.

According to the 2nd Amendment it's not necessary, but with the current Progressive/Communistic mindset of many, good on Dallas...

And your three NO VOTES: Kelly Gabliks - Jim Fairchild - Ken woods jr

They take an oathe to uphold the Constitution of the United States and then vote against it...

Vote them out...!!!

Let's hope so.. I'm already committed to moving back in July
ive lived here 30 years now (im 30) and know that there is a large amount of gun owners/2A supporters here. i could see it happening.

either way, nothing changes as far as what im gonna do/NOT do if IP43 gets rammed thru us dry.

I watched this on the news this morning , great way to start the day. Hopefully Columbia county would do the same. Great to see our side getting some air time .

"Controversial" huh? In whose mind???

Anyway, I just heard from the Union County DA that we are putting up a 2A protection law here. Wallowa and Baker counties have already done so. Yay! Sends a message if nothing else.

Good for them! So nice to see folks that refuse to fall into line with the freedom-hating, liberty-denying extremists in Salem. Screw 'em all!

Note the date on this:
http://www.ci.dallas.or.us/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/1261
meat down on page 4

http://www.ci.dallas.or.us/ArchiveCenter/ViewFile/Item/1771
meat on page 11

5 BEFORE THE CITY COUNCIL
6 FOR CITY OF DALLAS, OREGON
8 In the Matter of Supporting Federal
9 and State Constitutional Rights
10 To Keep and Bear Arms
12 RESOLUTION NO. …….
14 WHEREAS, the City Council of Dallas, Oregon, is sworn to uphold the Constitution of the
15 United States and the Constitution of the state of Oregon; and
17 WHEREAS, the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution states that the
18 "right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"; and
20 WHEREAS, Article I, Section 27 of the Oregon State Constitution states that the "people
21 shall have the right to bear arms for the defense of themselves, and the State, but Military shall
22 be kept in strict subordination to the civil power''; and
24 WHEREAS, the City Council of Dallas, Oregon, recognizes that the first and last
25 protectors of the United States Constitution are the people of the United States, and that the
26 ability of the people to fulfill that role rests in large part on the peoples' right to bear arms as
27 stated in the Constitutions of the Unites States and the State of Oregon; and
28 Page 12
29 WHEREAS, the criminal misuse of firearms by those in the criminal element is not a
30 reason to deny the Constitutional right to keep and bear arms by law‐abiding citizens; and
32 WHEREAS, the Supreme Court of the United States in District of Columbia V. Heller
33 upheld the individual rights to bear arms as protected by the Second Amendment of the United
34 States Constitution with Justice Scalia's opinion stating that the Second Amendment protects an
35 individual's right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that
36 firearm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self‐defense within the home. Also, the United
37 States Supreme Court in McDonald V. Chicago, invalidated Chicago's handgun ban and held the
38 Second Amendment to the United States Constitution applies to the States; now, therefore:
40 IT IS HEREBY RESOLVED THAT, The City of Dallas, Oregon, opposes any state or federal
41 law that abridges or is contrary to the provisions of the United States Constitution and the State
42 of Oregon Constitution; and
44 The City of Dallas, Oregon, supports the right of the people to lawfully bear arms as
45 stated in the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and the Oregon Constitution
46 and opposes any state or federal law that unconstitutionally restricts a citizen's right to bear
47 arms.
48 Page 13
49 Dates: May …., 2018 at Dallas, Oregon,
50 City of Dallas, Oregon,

This could actually be very helpful.

If enough counties around the state do this, next year Ted Wheeler is going to have a hard time getting Salem to ditch the state pre-emption. Because doing so would actually mean MORE guns in Oregon, if rural counties were allowed to write their own laws.

Line 36 gives me a little twitch.

Granted it says "lawful purposes"...but that lone "within the home" description could be spun into a qualifier for what is "normally accepted" as a home defense weapon.

I'd be happier if it had additional use descriptors such as "recreational" "sporting" "informal target practice" "collector" ETC.

"Within or outside of the home" would have been helpful.

Last Edited:
1st amendment.jpg 2nd amendment.jpg

F YEAH!!! maybe salem/keizer is next

Dream on:rolleyes:

It is nice they did this, but is has no force of law - a resolution is nothing they can enforce, it is just a statement of support.

Moreover, city/county law cannot override state law. County sheriffs can say they won't enforce a certain law all they want, but the OSP can enforce a law too, as can city cops, and the latter is the most likely to be enforcing anti-gun laws.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top