JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a 1953 cz 52 and am wanting to redo it comletely, i plan on getting new grips and re finishing it please post refinishing ideas, pictures, internal and external upgrades, websites, or ANYTHING to give me some ideas. it is one of my favorite guns to shoot simply because it feels so good in my hands. the things i dont like are the sights, and the magazine release. send anything to help, Thank you

I think the common upgrades are hardened rollers and firing pin (known for breaking if dry fired). I'm not familiar with any dedicated forums but I'm sure a quick internet search will help you out. Also browse MidwayUSA and Brownells for parts and reviews.

Sell it and buy one with a nice finish for $225. I just bought one like new for that price. With no import stamp. You will be upside down if you do any custom work or finish on a inexpencive gun. Start with a nice S&W or other name brand. Even then You wont get your money back. But you will have a nice quality gun.

Note that the Harrington firing pins will fire when the hammer drop is used, but since it isn't to be trusted anyway no real difference other than improved trigger pull. Some URLs below for more info. Why not get a Tokarev also, and thus have the two pistols designed to use the 7.62X25? The round was designed to punch through the felt coats worn in the winter in the USSR with the knowledge that the enemy of the state would be forced to seek medical care or die. The Bolsheviks had their design philosophy for the .30 Tok just as the USA did for the .45ACP, just a different application.
7.62x25 - Reed's Ammunition & Research, LLC for .30 JHP Tok ammo for serious social work
The Awesome CZ 52
My CZ52 mods + pic
<broken link removed>
CZ 52 Upgrades - THR

I just got back from shooting my CZ-52. It is dead nuts stock including chewed up bakelite grips and I wouldn't change a thing about it. Part of the enjoyment of a firearm like this is the sense of history that it imparts. I feel that betterizing it detracts from what it was originally designed to accomplish.

Can you make it look nicer? Sure. Can you improve the trigger? Absolutely. Will it ever be as accurate as a typical modern plastic gun? Heck no!

Instead of throwing money into it in an attempt to make it into something it is not, just enjoy it as it is.

Can you make it look nicer? Sure. Can you improve the trigger? Absolutely. Will it ever be as accurate as a typical modern plastic gun? Heck no!.

I can't comment on a CZ52 because I have never owned one, but my CZ82 is more accurate (and at the least no less accurate) than the modern plastic guns I've owned in similar barrel lengths. Accuracy, field stripping, dependability, and metal (no plastic) is the reason I traded off every plastic gun I've ever owned in that size and kept the CZ82. I could say pretty much the same thing about the Radom P64 too. After changing a couple of springs to lessen the trigger pull and recoil the P64 quickly became my primary carry weapon when a small frame is needed.

I can't comment on a CZ52 because I have never owned one, but my CZ82 is more accurate (and at the least no less accurate) than the modern plastic guns I've owned in similar barrel lengths. Accuracy, field stripping, dependability, and metal (no plastic) is the reason I traded off every plastic gun I've ever owned in that size and kept the CZ82. I could say pretty much the same thing about the Radom P64 too. After changing a couple of springs to lessen the trigger pull and recoil the P64 quickly became my primary carry weapon when a small frame is needed.

Absolutely! The fixed barrel design is great for accuracy.

Last Edited:
I agree about the uglyness TCOV but i want to change that and have something nobody else has, please post pics of completely stock ones, slightly upgraded cz52s or even fully redone ones like what i am going for... hopefully when this is all over i will post before and after photos. Thanks again guys!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top