Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Custom Sheath Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Knives & Other Discussion' started by The Quiet Man, Apr 15, 2009.

1. The Quiet Man

The Quiet Man rural Washington County, Oregon Active Member

Does anyone have any recommendations for PDX local or regional custom sheath makers? I am interested in an IWB sheath for a medium (4 1/8 inch blade) size fixed blade knife. I prefer leather but would be open to Kydex.
    Thank you.

2. coyote223

coyote223 NW Oregon Stamp Collector,,,

http://www.okuden.net/ This guy does good Kydex work, he's in WA. You could ask him about IWB, don't know if he does them.

3. The Quiet Man

Thanks coyote223. I'll check it out.

4. Gouki

Gouki PDX New Member

Survival sheath systems is my go to guy for kydex. Gun and knife. :)

5. The Quiet Man

Thanks Gouki. I did look at Survival Sheath and liked what I saw. However, they didn't appear to do IWB loops on their belt sheaths - and that's what I want for my relativly small fixed blade. I ended up ordering a Kydex from Bruce Good at www.redhillsheaths.com over in Nevada just today. The price was certainly right, and he and his wife are very friendly and helpful. Hopefully, the sheath quality will be excellent also. I do appreciate your response with an obviously top notch Kydex recommendation.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  6. The Quiet Man

I received my custom sheath from Red Hill Sheaths. Excellent quality and customer service. I highly recommend them. The knife "snaps" in place and doesn't have a chance of getting away without your permission. :) I'd post a picture but they have many on their website that do a better job than I would with the camera.

7. Gouki

Gouki PDX New Member

Thanks for posting the one you went with. Stoked yer stoked!!!