JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sweet Jesus! you just asked one of the most complex questions in internal ballistics. The above link does a pretty good job of explaining the differences, and in general I consider the two to be correlated, but unrelated. CUP, LUP (lead units of pressure) and PSI really don't translate in a reasonable fashion to one another. I am inclined to say if you have pressure data for the cartridge in CUP and PSI, and powder data in PSI stick with that. I generally use PSI because I don't have a copper crusher, but I do have a ballistic transducer, which gives me measurement in PSI. Everything else kinda gives me a headache.

Sweet Jesus! you just asked one of the most complex questions in internal ballistics. The above link does a pretty good job of explaining the differences, and in general I consider the two to be correlated, but unrelated. CUP, LUP (lead units of pressure) and PSI really don't translate in a reasonable fashion to one another. I am inclined to say if you have pressure data for the cartridge in CUP and PSI, and powder data in PSI stick with that. I generally use PSI because I don't have a copper crusher, but I do have a ballistic transducer, which gives me measurement in PSI. Everything else kinda gives me a headache.
hahahaha I try to read as much as I can before posting, the more research I did the more confused I got. and I pretty much came to the same conclusion.
thanks

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top