JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did you clean your brass before decapping them? I don't think few bad ones justify another step. (Sounds like gun control to me :) )

Last Edited:
I ran everything through a wash with brass cleaner and then a tumble, so it was all clean.

33845-brass-cartidge-case-cleaner.jpg

I'm gonna say weak primer cups. Back in the day Dad and I deprimed lot of USGI .30-06 brass. HEAVY crimp. Standard decapping pins just broke. Dad made a special decapping press out of grandpa's old bottle capper to handle them. Can't get a tighter primer pocket than that. None of the primer cups ever failed like the OP shows. Metallurgy can be done wrong even in the 21st century.

I'm gonna say weak primer cups. Back in the day Dad and I deprimed lot of USGI .30-06 brass. HEAVY crimp. Standard decapping pins just broke. Dad made a special decapping press out of grandpa's old bottle capper to handle them. Can't get a tighter primer pocket than that. None of the primer cups ever failed like the OP shows. Metallurgy can be done wrong even in the 21st century.

I'm tending to agree.... they didn' require anymore force than the other 1000s I did at the same time.

Are you using a dedicated decapping die for your de-prime step? A decapping pin should have a smooth radius on the tip. Any edge, shoulder or other unsmooth section can cause this.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads