JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sweet Jesus! you just asked one of the most complex questions in internal ballistics. The above link does a pretty good job of explaining the differences, and in general I consider the two to be correlated, but unrelated. CUP, LUP (lead units of pressure) and PSI really don't translate in a reasonable fashion to one another. I am inclined to say if you have pressure data for the cartridge in CUP and PSI, and powder data in PSI stick with that. I generally use PSI because I don't have a copper crusher, but I do have a ballistic transducer, which gives me measurement in PSI. Everything else kinda gives me a headache.

Sweet Jesus! you just asked one of the most complex questions in internal ballistics. The above link does a pretty good job of explaining the differences, and in general I consider the two to be correlated, but unrelated. CUP, LUP (lead units of pressure) and PSI really don't translate in a reasonable fashion to one another. I am inclined to say if you have pressure data for the cartridge in CUP and PSI, and powder data in PSI stick with that. I generally use PSI because I don't have a copper crusher, but I do have a ballistic transducer, which gives me measurement in PSI. Everything else kinda gives me a headache.
hahahaha I try to read as much as I can before posting, the more research I did the more confused I got. and I pretty much came to the same conclusion.
thanks

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads