JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ok i was looking at some small round markings, i totally overlooked the crimps as normal sorry
The dots are SCAMP marks which have to do with the different production steps.
The circle with cross is the NATO mark.
LC is Lake City ammunition plant Independence, Missouri.
Then the year produced mark.
Your pic of the 4 sided crimp really shows how the brass has been displaced toward the primer.

Over-pressure signs include :
Flattened primer.
Cratered primer strike (over-pressure behind the primer cup flows cup material into the space between the firing pin and firing pin hole)
Ejector mark on case head (over-pressure brass flows into the ejector bore leaving a mark on the case head)

Last Edited:
The dots are SCAMP marks which have to do with the different production steps.
The circle with cross is the NATO mark.
LC is Lake City ammunition plant Independence, Missouri.
Then the year produced mark.
Your pic of the 4 sided crimp really shows how the brass has been displaced toward the primer.

Over-pressure signs include :
Flattened primer.
Cratered primer strike (over-pressure behind the primer cup flows cup material into the space between the firing pin and firing pin hole)
Ejector mark on case head (over-pressure brass flows into the ejector bore leaving a mark on the case head)
I would respectfully modify this excellent and comprehensive reply only in this fashion:

"Over pressure signs MAY include:"

Since all these signs (save perhaps the ejector mark) can and do commonly occur without over-pressure.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top