JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There were gun rights rallies at the Capitol, but you can imagine that the gun rights organizations asked folks to come well dressed in suits and to behave in order to not appear to be a bunch of gun nuts.

Mark W. You should take note that your methods for the upcoming gun rally does NOT work. As if that's a shocker. You can not implement change by being polite, or without using force. When the people you are up against are willing to send heavily armed government agents to force you to change instead.

Here's a typical snapshot from our 2013 rally at the Olympia Capitol, there were about 5K of us and many of us had 1776 and Don't Tread on Me flags

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMViiSOJq-xknaSKuYe5EBwYAJqC3CBiyF-7hhMlxV6S0vLmlp.jpg

The day EVERYONE shows up with a "black rifle" will most likely be the day they are locked and loaded.
That is what the current fight is designed to stop or delay.
The L&L day is rapidly approaching though. 2014 elections if not hijacked will be the turning point.

CT gun owners are simply law abiding and trying to stay on the right side of the law, in order to stay out of trouble and to protect their rights to continue to own firearms.
We're all citizens of some state or other.
Gun owners are a minority in Connecticut, plain and simple.
And each of us only has one vote to cast.
The legislation was passed in one day using an emergency certification law without any public hearings.
Lawsuits have been filed trying to fight it.
But there was nothing that the gun owners could do about it.
It's all about a Governor and the legislators who make the laws.
Every CT gun owner was upset about it, and it was all that everyone was talking about that was affected by it. Every gun owner is still upset about it.
But like I said, it was passed in one day, the legislators either didn't know or care what they were voting on and it's too late to change it in the short term.

Other groups should sit up and take notice. Not just gun owners. This kind of tactic gets bad laws passed. My guess is the libs in Connecticut took notice of how Obamacare was rammed through with no real debate and did this exact tactic.

We (as gun owners) need to appeal to people this is much more than a gun issue. This is a freedom issue. No matter how they feel about guns they should be doing their very most to preserve the freedoms we currently because once it's gone it's nearly impossible to get back. Or once a law is passed it's nearly impossible to repeal.

When he annexed eastern Europe the first thing Hitler required was all the Jews to be registered. Ha and they say things like that can't happen here.

Here's a typical snapshot from our 2013 rally at the Olympia Capitol, there were about 5K of us and many of us had 1776 and Don't Tread on Me flags

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMViiSOJq-xknaSKuYe5EBwYAJqC3CBiyF-7hhMlxV6S0vLmlp.jpg

That's a great photo. We've had similar rallies but unfortunately, after Newtown the anti's had even larger ones. And the Governor and nearly all of the politicians were on their side.
Gun rights rallies didn't work in New York state either.

Ours:

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Hundreds-og-Gun-Rights-Advocates-Rally-in-Connecticut-187599311.html

Their's:

<broken link removed>

In both New York and Connecticut, the politicians let the "Brady Bunch" organization provide the model for the new gun control laws.

Listening to all the chest thumping has got me wondering what others would really do if they were in that position. It's easy to talk tough when you're 2700 miles away. But what would it be like if YOU were to stand up to this and be thrown in jail? What about YOUR children who would no longer have someone to provide for your needs? What if it were YOUR children that would be on welfare or given to a foster home while you were in prison?

I just feel uncomfortable that there are those who would criticize and foam at the mouth when it's not their own situation.

Pointing out that we must fight with everything we have to not be in this situation is not the same as criticizing those that are.

Listening to all the chest thumping has got me wondering what others would really do if they were in that position. It's easy to talk tough when you're 2700 miles away. But what would it be like if YOU were to stand up to this and be thrown in jail? What about YOUR children who would no longer have someone to provide for your needs? What if it were YOUR children that would be on welfare or given to a foster home while you were in prison?

I just feel uncomfortable that there are those who would criticize and foam at the mouth when it's not their own situation.

Pointing out that we must fight with everything we have to not be in this situation is not the same as criticizing those that are.

I hear what you're saying and it is real hard to say without being in a person's shoes.
I'm not thinking they should start shooting yet but I think if they all simply didn't comply with the law it would be a good thing. They don't have enough jails to house all the folks if they didn't comply.......much the same with the health care laws......I don't have to cross that bridge but I know quite a bit of folks that simply aren't going to do it......hope it turns out ok for them

I hear what you&rsquo;re saying and it is real hard to say without being in a person&rsquo;s shoes.
I&rsquo;m not thinking they should start shooting yet but I think if they all simply didn&rsquo;t comply with the law it would be a good thing. They don&rsquo;t have enough jails to house all the folks if they didn&rsquo;t comply&hellip;&hellip;.much the same with the health care laws&hellip;&hellip;I don&rsquo;t have to cross that bridge but I know quite a bit of folks that simply aren&rsquo;t going to do it&hellip;&hellip;hope it turns out ok for them

100% non compliance is what is needed. They couldn't do a damned thing.

Non compliance is the correct way to go about all of this, no matter if its a gun law here in Oregon or any other state. Doesn't matter how 'sensible' any gun law is either. Thomas Paine wrote about the problem with using 'common sense' when the sense that becomes common, goes against your natural rights. Also peaceful non compliance does not work. They do have the ability to imprison every person in this country if everyone only uses peaceful means as non compliance. They're force has to be met with equal or greater force to be effective. So that leaves the initial decision up to the government. Its on them, not you. Your conscience should be clear no matter how you decide to respond. However they choose to play ball, is how the game should be played. Let them make the first move, as you already know they undoubtedly will.

Also you must understand what happened in Egypt to understand what peaceful protests do, they do nothing. A change of leadership is nothing more than the changing of a warden in a prison. The new warden may make your life a little easier than the last, while you're exactly where the government wants you to be but you are still exactly where the government wants you to be. Deception only works when you are not aware that you are being deceived....

CT gun owners are simply law abiding and trying to stay on the right side of the law, in order to stay out of trouble and to protect their rights to continue to own firearms.
We're all citizens of some state or other.
Gun owners are a minority in Connecticut, plain and simple.
And each of us only has one vote to cast.
The legislation was passed in one day using an emergency certification law without any public hearings.
Lawsuits have been filed trying to fight it.
But there was nothing that the gun owners could do about it.
It's all about a Governor and the legislators who make the laws.
Every CT gun owner was upset about it, and it was all that everyone was talking about that was affected by it. Every gun owner is still upset about it.
But like I said, it was passed in one day, the legislators either didn't know or care what they were voting on and it's too late to change it in the short term.

Tyranny.

If they don't deal with it in a manner appropriate for tyranny, they will get what they deserve. Historically, that line shown in the photo isn't just for registration. If often has a ditch right along with it and a firing squad on the other side.

We have to stand together, ladies and gentlemen. Want to rush and bury your weapons when faced with tyranny? May as crawl in next to them, all the good you're going to do in this fight.

The first offense for non-compliance can be a misdemeanor with subsequent offenses being a felony along with the loss of gun rights.

The law includes serious penalties for not registering the equipment. Charges for possessing one of the banned guns after the deadline could range from a Class A misdemeanor to a Class D felony. Penalties for possession of a magazine that can carry more than 10 rounds range from a $90 fine to a Class D felony. Connecticut residents convicted of any felonies are no longer considered eligible to own firearms.

CT News Junkie | New Laws Go Into Effect On Jan. 1

People here are free to fight it all they want and in any way that they want, but they risk losing all of their guns and gun rights if they don't comply and get caught. Everyone lives in a police state of some sort, it's just that some states are worse than others.
Meanwhile CT gun owners will continue to fight in an way that they can. I know that my club has held fund raising events to help pay for lawsuits.
And both of my gun clubs require its members to join the NRA.
We all know that this round of bans was because of one mass murderer and that the event had a ripple effect throughout the whole country. After that was also when the latest ammo panic began which still hasn't resolved.
The tide literally turned overnight in more than one way. Not just the gun and magazine bans in some states, but also how ammo supplies, guns and gun parts suddenly became unavailable or in short supply. Where did it all go? It was as if Walmart decided to cancel all of their ammo contracts, or was that just a coincidence? The actions of a lot of companies in this latest panic are suspect.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top