JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Gun-lines-firearm-gun-registration_1388417797521_4955477_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Connecticut gun owners are rushing to register certain firearms and ammunition that will be considered illegal contraband in the new year.

?Looks Like Weimar Germany?: The Viral Photo Out of Connecticut That?s Giving Some Gun Owners Chills | TheBlaze.com

Obviously only time will tell if Liberals will stay true to their word that they're "not coming for our guns". I, personally, believe that they're just one tragedy away from knocking on each one of their doors and taking away all the crap they just registered.

This is a prime example of why we should rally and appeal any new gun laws that appear in our states.

Good luck Connecticut gun owners!

Wow.
Those guys are fools.
They might as well have sold them out of state, because now they will lose them for nothing. And brought the heat to their own door.

Yeah that was my bad, I was a day late and a dollar short on it...it's been blowing up on Twitter and I had no idea they had to register this crap...I thought it put things in perspective about how fragile our gun rights really are.

Liberals complain how hard it is to get legislation on gun control passed, but it's a 100 times harder to get that crap repealed!

Many people here claim that "if it's time to bury them, then it's time to dig them up" but I think this is a prime example that if was a gun owner in CT, I would rather be digging a hole then standing in that line...but I also would have voiced every gripe about the new gun laws being proposed and had plans on moving the minute they came into effect.

Gun-lines-firearm-gun-registration_1388417797521_4955477_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

?Looks Like Weimar Germany?: The Viral Photo Out of Connecticut That?s Giving Some Gun Owners Chills | TheBlaze.com

Obviously only time will tell if Liberals will stay true to their word that they're "not coming for our guns". I, personally, believe that they're just one tragedy away from knocking on each one of their doors and taking away all the crap they just registered.

This is a prime example of why we should rally and appeal any new gun laws that appear in our states.

Good luck Connecticut gun owners!

THAT IS A DISGUSTING IMAGE OF SHEEP !

When do we say enough is enough and take a stand against this stuff.

I wonder how many have those "Molan Labe" bumper stickers on their vehicles, yet are standing in line like sheep for the slaughter?

Empty words and no action...sad, very sad.

What would make a statement, is if no one showed up to register anything.

CT gun owners are simply law abiding and trying to stay on the right side of the law, in order to stay out of trouble and to protect their rights to continue to own firearms.
We're all citizens of some state or other.
Gun owners are a minority in Connecticut, plain and simple.
And each of us only has one vote to cast.
The legislation was passed in one day using an emergency certification law without any public hearings.
Lawsuits have been filed trying to fight it.
But there was nothing that the gun owners could do about it.
It's all about a Governor and the legislators who make the laws.
Every CT gun owner was upset about it, and it was all that everyone was talking about that was affected by it. Every gun owner is still upset about it.
But like I said, it was passed in one day, the legislators either didn't know or care what they were voting on and it's too late to change it in the short term.

CT gun owners are simply law abiding and trying to stay on the right side of the law, in order to stay out of trouble and to protect their rights to continue to own firearms.
The legislation was passed in one day using an emergency certification law without any public hearings.
Every CT gun owner was upset about it, and it was all that everyone was talking about that was affected by it. Every gun owner is still upset about it.
But like I said, it was passed in one day, the legislators either didn't know or care what they were voting on and it's too late to change it in the short term.

I agree with you, in that the responsible Connecticut firearms owners lined up to follow the law. That being said, I wish every single one of them would move out of the state within weeks of doing this. I know I sure as heck would.

There is nothing wrong with breaking laws that are wrong. You can even claim that whatever is wrong is subjective and that carries as far as what is legal, is right. Thankfully there are some in Connecticut that are ignoring this law. You call them criminals I call them honest Americans.

When the law violates our natural rights it is invalid and we can ignore it as tyranny

Sad, very sad,to see grown men/women lined up like they did when hitler was running amok, name, address, #'s of weapons, description of weapons. Next, confiscation of weapons/ammunition, just a matter of time. That would be so humiliating to be in that position, I'm guessing most are now guessing their worth, manhood, leadership, and morals. What a shame!!! A very sobering picture indeed. They, have just basically been disarmed, they just don't know it yet.

There is NO right in the laws they passed there. They basically trounced your Constitution.
Your state government are tyrants and really need to be treated as such.
The Constitution and especially the 2nd is yours to keep, not theirs to walk on.
You folks were just sheepsheared and no one lifted a finger to stop it.
If you all stood up and simply said NO. There is not a damn thing they could do about it.
Esspecially if you backed it up.

I spent considerable time in Fairfield and sure didn't leave anything there :-/

There were gun rights rallies at the Capitol, but you can imagine that the gun rights organizations asked folks to come well dressed in suits and to behave in order to not appear to be a bunch of gun nuts.
It's ironic, because by and large "mature" gun owners across the nation are just too law abiding "working people" to become violent enough to get themselves arrested or to cause the gun rights movement to receive bad press.
Not like the Occupy Wall Street movement that was setting up permanent campsites in central parks all over the nation.
Gun owners simply won't vehemently protest like there was during the civil rights movement of the 1960's, or the Vietnam War protests during those days.
For those who don't remember or weren't born yet, entire blocks of urban areas of many large cities were burned down to the ground during the 1960's when folks were fighting for civil rights and against poverty and discrimination.
However, some politicians have been vigorously heckled and booed at during parades and shouted at to leave and to go home. Those politicians are affectionately called publicity hookers here. And we don't have the right to recall elections like many western states do.
Connecticut tries to recruit professionals to fill jobs at large companies, and now there's a good reason for them not to come. And also many folks talk about leaving and some have left.
My town is home to Stag Arms and Colt is in the next town over.
They both threatened to leave. Stag Arms said that they will expand out of state rather than leave, but they seriously considered leaving. They fought vigorously against the new laws, and shipped every available AR15 lower to local gun shops so that as many people as possible could buy one before the AWB ban took effect.
And HK clone maker PTR did move to South Carolina.

http://ptr91.com/

However, most people don't realize that later, when the CT legislature voted again to include .22 rimfire guns with 3 or more features in the AW ban, they unknowingly created a loophole making certain pre-ban's legal, at least for now.
That's pre-Sept. 13th, 1994 AR's made before the Clinton Ban. The entire nation suffered through that period.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top