JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Try Ka-Bar Kukri. We have two, in one in each of our two emergency bags. They are lighter than original kukries, still very solid though.
:) I like a good khuk and have a few. Just never cottoned to them as bushwhackers as compared to a machete. My biggest khuk has a 14 inch blade that is half-inch thick on the back by the grip. It's a hoss and I decorated it with elk antler and turquoise inlay. The scabbard was shot so I got a new one, wood covered with thin leather...
The CS smatchet carries like a sword and will be doing chores around the estancia. It's a little big to be an edc, in peacetime anyway! :s0148:

The Smatchett is a Fairbairn design. Meant to be a do all device hack through Burmese jungles, fight or paddle a boat. Cold Steel makes them wicked sharp but it's a thin bladed copy of the original

I have a Cold Steel Smatchet and like it. The blade is three inches longer than the original WE Fairbairn design. It has a blade of tempered 1055 Carbon Steel and holds a decent edge. It can kill as well as clear brush.

I want an Atlanta Cutlery replica. At $78.00 it resembles the original. This was meant for lopping off arms, piercing bellies, and pommel-crushing skulls. It does this rather well. The only drawback of the "original" design had handles that were square and rubbed "hot-spots" in the hand with extended use. If you want to understand precisely how the Smatchet was to be used as a "short sword" in combat, buy a copy of "Get Tough". This will give you step-by-step instructions of how to disembowel, de-limb, and decapitate your opponent. It will also illustrate how to use the pommel of the weapon to crush the skull of the enemy.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top