JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Try Ka-Bar Kukri. We have two, in one in each of our two emergency bags. They are lighter than original kukries, still very solid though.
:) I like a good khuk and have a few. Just never cottoned to them as bushwhackers as compared to a machete. My biggest khuk has a 14 inch blade that is half-inch thick on the back by the grip. It's a hoss and I decorated it with elk antler and turquoise inlay. The scabbard was shot so I got a new one, wood covered with thin leather...
The CS smatchet carries like a sword and will be doing chores around the estancia. It's a little big to be an edc, in peacetime anyway! :s0148:

The Smatchett is a Fairbairn design. Meant to be a do all device hack through Burmese jungles, fight or paddle a boat. Cold Steel makes them wicked sharp but it's a thin bladed copy of the original

I have a Cold Steel Smatchet and like it. The blade is three inches longer than the original WE Fairbairn design. It has a blade of tempered 1055 Carbon Steel and holds a decent edge. It can kill as well as clear brush.

I want an Atlanta Cutlery replica. At $78.00 it resembles the original. This was meant for lopping off arms, piercing bellies, and pommel-crushing skulls. It does this rather well. The only drawback of the "original" design had handles that were square and rubbed "hot-spots" in the hand with extended use. If you want to understand precisely how the Smatchet was to be used as a "short sword" in combat, buy a copy of "Get Tough". This will give you step-by-step instructions of how to disembowel, de-limb, and decapitate your opponent. It will also illustrate how to use the pommel of the weapon to crush the skull of the enemy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top