JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I took a june bug once (or something about that size). Not too bad. However I once got a bumblebee in the "V" of my opened leather jacket, right at my breastbone. He was stinging away and I was thumping my chest like Tarzan, finally got him to stop.

Crotch rocket for me!

IMAG0315.jpg

IMAG0315.jpg

Honda NC700X. Dual purpose, on/off pavement. Bought it last summer after a 55-year layoff to cheer me up after my wife died. No pix, not special, but I like it. Well, it does have that cute little trunk where most bikes have a fuel tank. Handy for carrying handguns. Here is a photo with my Uberti Walker and SigSauer P6, along with a box of cartridges. My Uberti possibles bag is a belt pack, not shown. The Uberti is not in it's holster because the holster has to be scrunched a bit.

gunsinfrunk.jpg

OK, I give up. How do I get rid of the duplicate image?

gunsinfrunk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't ride anymore....Started about 7 YO straddling the seat in front of my dad on his home built Tote Goat. When the Honda 55 came out he abandoned the tote goat for suspension, gears, good brakes, twist throttle. The modle in the pic below looks to be before he put the chains on that kept the forks from falling out of the upper tubes. Didn't want to get "Air" with the fronT wheel.

SCAN0003.JPG
Graduated to his Honda 55 when he got a Honda 90 at about 10. We'd load them in the van and drive to the mountains to ride all day. I got dads 90 when he bought a new one, and rode it clear through high school and after, rebuilt it at the small engine course at Utah Trade tech and kept riding until I got the job wrenching it the Honda shop. Bought me a Honda XL 250 and put a tuned pipe and knobby's on right away.

The idler gear on the kick start shaft froze up and stranded me 30 miles from the trailer. Once we got it home I got paid to do the work under warranty...while I had it apart I put a cam in it, stroker crank, ported and polished, and lightened every thing I could in the top end. Had aired and extended travel in the front forks/rear shocks. It out-ran the XL 350s.

I was a trail rider through and through. I only took pavement when necessary and to get to the trails. There were a lot of trails in the foothills and mountains in Utah back then. Wasn't uncommon for me to put 100 miles on a good day ride doing nothing but crossing pavement or just a mile or two. I still had that XL250 when I moved to PDX in '83, but I wasn't going to put the signals back on and pay for insurance. Sold it after a couple of years. I ache when we see the guys on their bikes when were hunting mushrooms out near Browns Camp.

Ramblings!o_O

SCAN0003.JPG

Last Edited:
I rode when I was young a little.We also had 2 Honda 55s. Then I bought an old Bultaco flat tracker that I just rode on the trails.Then some Honda when i was 25.
About 40 something a new friend had a Victory and suggested I get bike so we could go riding.
I bought a Kawasaki ZRX 1200R Torque monster. Got rid of it after going from 1st ave to I5 at South center in about 4 minutes. (10min drive?) It scared me that I wasn't afraid of it (this is not my bike)
Then an Ironhead that taught me patience,lol. And then a 883 sporty,no chicken strips though:cool:
Last I bought a 2007 103in cop bike. What fun that was. Good looking even as plain as it was. Fast but not break neck fast. Smooth at 800+ pounds. OK over 1000 with me on it:eek:
Yeah fun stuff. But I rode to Forks too many times at 100mph and decided that I liked to go fast too much and was too old and slow to be riding like that.
Next will be a quad.SOOO many roads to go down up here

Don't ride anymore....Started about 7 YO straddling the seat in front of my dad on his home built Tote Goat. When the Honda 55 came out he abandoned the tote goat for suspension, gears, good brakes, twist throttle. The modle in the pic below looks to be before he put the chains on that kept the forks from falling out of the upper tubes. Didn't want to get "Air" with the fronT wheel.

View attachment 270528
Graduated to his Honda 55 when he got a Honda 90 at about 10. We'd load them in the van and drive to the mountains to ride all day. I got dads 90 when he bought a new one, and rode it clear through high school and after, rebuilt it at the small engine course at Utah Trade tech and kept riding until I got the job wrenching it the Honda shop. Bought me a Honda XL 250 and put a tuned pipe and knobby's on right away.

The idler gear on the kick start shaft froze up and stranded me 30 miles from the trailer. Once we got it home I got paid to do the work under warranty...while I had it apart I put a cam in it, stroker crank, ported and polished, and lightened every thing I could in the top end. Had aired and extended travel in the front forks/rear shocks. It out-ran the XL 350s.

I was a trail rider through and through. I only took pavement when necessary and to get to the trails. There were a lot of trails in the foothills and mountains in Utah back then. Wasn't uncommon for me to put 100 miles on a good day ride doing nothing but crossing pavement or just a mile or two. I still had that XL250 when I moved to PDX in '83, but I wasn't going to put the signals back on and pay for insurance. Sold it after a couple of years. I ache when we see the guys on their bikes when were hunting mushrooms out near Browns Camp.

Ramblings!o_O

Now that is a great story, love it!

My dad got tired of watching me ride as a kid so he started and when I did the same with my son I got back in it. And never looked back.

Funny how that came full circle .

Miss my dad every day

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews