JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Its not something I say off hand. I have owned liter sport bikes. I find myself going 160 MPH every chance I get and pushing it from there occasionally. I have had a couple of close calls at those speeds and come to understand I have no business having one.

That is exactly why I bought a race bike. I too love speed and have had a 750 Superbike up to 183mph. I knew that if I did that kind of riding on the street I would be dead by now. So the safest thing to do if you want that kind of speed. Get on a race track. Been on P.I.R. many times and really like that track. Everybody is going in the same direction and you do not have to worry about anybody pulling out in front of you or a gravel spot in a turn or a dog running out i n the road.

So show us what you ride, 2 or 3 wheels. It doesn't matter ! Your in the wind.

How about one of each

oJhbks2.jpg 04 goldwing

BHh9b4z.jpg 03 goldwing

oJhbks2.jpg

BHh9b4z.jpg

Its not something I say off hand. I have owned liter sport bikes. I find myself going 160 MPH every chance I get and pushing it from there occasionally. I have had a couple of close calls at those speeds and come to understand I have no business having one.
Me too. It's one of the reasons I sold my 996TT as well.

1986 Yamaha SRX 600 single. Handles great, no power.
1995 Yamaha VMax 1200. Great power, poor handling.
1966 BSA Lightning 650. Poor Handling, braking and power, but it is pretty.
The 340 Duster and Norton Commando belong to my Dad.

Having the VMax painted, Too many red bikes. Red adds at least 10 mph to the speeding tickets.

CAM00215.jpg CAM00182.jpg Image029.jpg

CAM00215.jpg

CAM00182.jpg

Image029.jpg

1986 Yamaha SRX 600 single. Handles great, no power.
1995 Yamaha VMax 1200. Great power, poor handling.
1966 BSA Lightning 650. Poor Handling, braking and power, but it is pretty.
The 340 Duster and Norton Commando belong to my Dad.

Having the VMax painted, Too many red bikes. Red adds at least 10 mph to the speeding tickets.

View attachment 270027 View attachment 270029 View attachment 270030

Red is a chick magnet color, but she may be wearing a badge!

Ur dad has sum vintage goodies. What's that on the shelf? A toaster?
LOL

That is exactly why I bought a race bike. I too love speed and have had a 750 Superbike up to 183mph. I knew that if I did that kind of riding on the street I would be dead by now. So the safest thing to do if you want that kind of speed. Get on a race track. Been on P.I.R. many times and really like that track. Everybody is going in the same direction and you do not have to worry about anybody pulling out in front of you or a gravel spot in a turn or a dog running out i n the road.
That is one of the reasons I sold my Ducati. It was the most fun street bike I ever owned, but I found myself doing 100+ MPH every time I rode it, and I knew that it was only a matter of time before I crashed into someone or something at speed and hurt myself and/or someone, and/or I lost my license. The latter would be a nuisance, but hurting someone else would really be bad. I've been down a few times, once I was on crutches for a couple of months and then a cane for 6 more months.

The dirt bike is more of a challenge and a lot more fun without the speed or the chance of hurting someone else. I crash all the time with it, but at slow speeds I rarely get hurt and not once seriously - yet.

Actually I was really surprised at the insurance on the bike. I had insurance with Progressive, they paid me about a third more than I expected and I had a check in hand in like three weeks. Couldn't of been better. Now if only the insurance on the shop was the same. Its been almost 10 weeks since the fire and I still have no idea where I stand or how it will go. It sounds like I will be lucky to be settled with them by mid summer. In the mean time I dont have an income.

Nationwide sucks also, when it came to the house.... we no longer have them!

Actually I was really surprised at the insurance on the bike. I had insurance with Progressive, they paid me about a third more than I expected and I had a check in hand in like three weeks. Couldn't of been better. Now if only the insurance on the shop was the same. Its been almost 10 weeks since the fire and I still have no idea where I stand or how it will go. It sounds like I will be lucky to be settled with them by mid summer. In the mean time I dont have an income.

Glad to hear about progressive. I started with them last year.

Glad to hear about progressive. I started with them last year.

But here in Washington the State does not require insurance on bikes. It has been my experience the when I go down, it is much cheaper to fix the damage myself. Luckily I have not caused damage to anybody or anything else.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top