JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Error
Reviews are disabled for this resource because it is temporarily closed.
Ask question Discuss resource
Anyone been up there lately?? Is it still open??
We went a week or two ago. Gate was still open, easy access to the "airstrip", the road in is in really good shape. Seemed to be a lot of logging activity between the end of the paved road and the gate. There were a lot of "Safety Zone - No Shooting" signs in that area. It's obvious where they don't want you to be shooting. All of the state park areas after the gate semmed accessible and usable. Went early, didn't see a soul until we were on our way out.

We went a week or two ago. Gate was still open, easy access to the "airstrip", the road in is in really good shape. Seemed to be a lot of logging activity between the end of the paved road and the gate. There were a lot of "Safety Zone - No Shooting" signs in that area. It's obvious where they don't want you to be shooting. All of the state park areas after the gate semmed accessible and usable. Went early, didn't see a soul until we were on our way out.
thank you.

How's the trash at that site? Is it being taken care of? I'd like to know if there is an individual or group of people working on keeping it clean and promoting responsible shooting in that area.

Recent pics?

Thanks,

Bill Cogley
Pres Trash No Land

It looked like it was on the cleaner side but definitely not clean. No large trash like appliances or anything that bad. Still a bunch of shotgun shells, leftover targets, glass bottles, steel casings. We took a couple bags out when we left and we probably could've taken one or two more just from the area where we shot. I've seen it worse but it could still use a little more love.

Gate is currently closed. It looked like pretty heavy logging activity on the west side of the gate. The road down to Abiqua falls was pretty well torn up from logging trucks and equipment. Didn't see anyone coming or going besides the logging crews.

if I remember right, there was a short clearing on the north side of the road about a quarter mile west of the gate. Everything in that area north and south of the road has been logged and the trailer and equipment are still there.

Dang that suks! Thank you, yea they cleared all that off i didnt even recognized it!! Have u ever been shooting at the quarry? Its located just after the paved road ends, theres a gate

I shot there before but I haven't been recently. Just driving by it looks like that area is still intact. I drove down the Abiqua Falls road and found a quiet spot where I wouldn't bother anybody. Even with the gate closed and logging activity there are still a few decent places to safely shoot without bothering anyone.

How's the trash at that site? Is it being taken care of? I'd like to know if there is an individual or group of people working on keeping it clean and promoting responsible shooting in that area.

Recent pics?

Thanks,

Bill Cogley
Pres Trash No Land
It's been a bit since I've been out. They have definitely been clearing trees right after it hits gravel. A buddy said it was gated off about 3 months ago.

I'd be interested in being involved with clean up and continued clean up activity. There are often small garbage and trash left (targets, wood, cans) and there are a LOT of shotgun shells and casings galore. There is a bit of a challenge with cleanup at times due to the terrain. The plate/ (shale) rocks make it hard for cleanup of casings. I try to get 1-2 bags of garbage out every time I go, along with my own.

E7C3C30D-456D-4E79-B0E6-B4FC00061F45.png These are the most recent pictures I have from July. Not the Airstrip section but the smaller berm section.

What's the story with this site? My family and about 6 other cars had an attempted charge of trespassing with firearms. Court ruled insufficient evidence and no one was actually charged. This was in December/January I believe. This sport is 30 mins from my house and is a great spot I've been too before. If anyone had information regarding if it's safe to go to let me know. I might contact the State and see what they say. Maybe try and get a letter I can print and keep with me.
TIA

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.