JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Error
Reviews are disabled for this resource because it is temporarily closed.
Ask question Discuss resource
from what i read on others posts, i guessing the trash accumulation had a lot to do with it, but i have heard it gets a lil sketch there too. with the recent fire issues just made it to easy to close for Mt.Hood Rangers

Too bad. Its always the few who ruin it for the rest of the responsible outdoor shooters. Cant fix stupid or entitled people, which alot of the time are the same..
Certainly, the ongoing volume of trash was a big issue, but more so was the shots that were fired over the highway and river. Too many of them! I feel it could have been a safe place to shoot where you could easily be shooting within the rules if USFS would have done some improvements. If they had established a firing line that directs shooters to shoot into the hill, most would never think about turning around to shoot in the opposite direction!

And then there's all the trees that have been mowed down. That may have been minimized if designated shooting lanes were designed and made obvious what direction to shoot in.

But, they would rather close it down. It's easier and it costs less.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.