JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You know what, when I first moved here I was 14 and everyone up here said Pop. My grandpa in Yacolt said pop and I thought it was a yacolt thing. I moved to salmon creek and even the kids at my high school said pop.
Oh yeah. I should've added pop to the list. It was always Coke for us, even at restaurants. Then the waiter would ask you what kind. Never heard anything different until I was in my 20's. "I'll have a coke", "What kind?", "Pepsi" never sounded the least bit strange

9C55AB78-BBA2-4813-9EC5-5491D9749FAB.jpeg

Its weird because we've always said soda growing up, but my family is from Oklahoma.
I grew up in Tulsa, college in Missouri, then Florida, Alabama, and North Carolina. Moved here from Oklahoma City. That map is 100% my reality. And now I can brag about how green I am. My Prius neighbors will be happy to hear it.

Funny, but I grew up near Albany and Crawdads and Pop was what they were called! Didn't even know the term SODA until I got stationed on the east coast, I always assumed SODA was some fancy schmancy fufu drink you got at those high falootin city places!

spent my whole life here in the willamette valley, 55 years , my family was and is very outdoors, was drinking pop and catching crawdads since a very young age. And thats what all locals called them , then, now and will continue to in the future. no need to be politically correct for me !
It's only politically incorrect if you call them by the wrong gender. Crawmommy?

Side note, love your username. Have a '76 Bronco myself

BTW, today I happened to see some Crawfish on sale for $5.99 a pound. Ranch 99 in Beaverton. OR.

Aloha, Mark

PS....don't bother going if you refuse to wear a mask while at the store.

IMG-5727.jpg

Or 'Gumster' as 'Godmanchester......' Oh the pain..........................................................:eek:

I remember my Aussie wife laughing when I first pronounce Melbourne (Australia) as "Mel-Born" instead of "Mel-bun".... to which I replied, "fine, then is it Ozzy 'Oz-born' or 'Oz-bun'?"

I got the 'ol... o_O and a very Aussie pronounced, "oh, shut up!"

I knew right then & there that she was my soulmate! ;)

Americans tend wrestle with pronouncing "Worcestershire" as well.... :s0140:

Yes, crayfish in the PNW.

They are plentiful. And delicious. Anytime I go fishing I throw a trap in or just grab em out of the stream.
I like to boil them, but, if they're big enough, I crack the tail off, peel the shell and roast it over the fire.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top