JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Took no time at all, since they're properly called crawfish. I'd be here all night looking for anything labeled "crawdad".
I found 5 other products of images I couldn't get to save.
cjs_bait_crawdad_14oz.jpg
ML440-2T.jpg

I found 5 other products of images I couldn't get to save.
View attachment 692317
View attachment 692318

Google Crawfish Products and see the hundreds of products identifying them as.....crawfish. Google Crawdad Products, and you see 3 or 4 products, and then all the ones that say crawfish.

The most damning thing about "crawdad", is the attachment of this terminology to Californians.

Google Crawfish Products and see the hundreds of products identifying them as.....crawfish. Google Crawdad Products, and you see 3 or 4 products, and then all the ones that say crawfish.

The most damning thing about "crawdad", is the attachment of this terminology to Californians.
Californians, Washingtonians, Oregonians and Arizonans. Everywhere I've lived. Not just the few years I'd lived in California, I've heard it everywhere. I know crawfish is what is showing up and is probably more widely used. But I've never once heard someone say let's go fishing for crawfish. Literally any time I've ever heard someone talk about it, it was called crawdad fishing. Or fishing for crawdads.
The only time I've seen it as "crawfish" or "crayfish" is on a food menu.

I'd argue that the most damning thing about it is that scientific taxonomical naming saying they're all correct and "proper" (crayfish, crawfish, and crawdads), depending on where you are. Realities exist outside my own experiences that are equally valid. I could argue that the Astacidea crayfish are much more commonly eaten and, thus, products marketed as such in areas where they're called crawfish. but I don't need marketing to educate me on what something is called.

Either way, they're delicious and I'd be happy to sit down and share a few pounds with you if you find yourself with a surplus

I ran across it and couldn't help myself!

I really don't care what people call them.....

But they're CRAWFISH!
I see you and I ending up on the river sometime in the future. Hunting crawfish. Arguing about what they're really called. "CRAWDAD. CRAWFISH. CRAWDAD! CRAWFISH! Ah the hell with you. Pass me the butter"

You know what, when I first moved to salmon creek I was 14 and everyone up here said Pop. My grandpa in Yacolt had always said pop and I just thought it was a yacolt thing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top