JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's awesome they have a huge coyote problem on the island where my sister lives but can't use that I'm stuck with trying to catch them within range of a bow and arrow lol

I'm not sure where I'll go yet. Somewhere on the West side of Interstate 5. That particular light, I doubt I'll use. I don't want to play hide-n-seek. I'm in the middle of figuring the mounting of the light. Figured I would take a couple pictures.
I've been reading the Washington regs for coyote. Reads open for shooting all year. Closed Sept/Oct/Nov for big game. Spotlighting allowed. Sounds clear enough. Then I get reading into things a bit further.

Spotlighting Game animals is legal. No firearm must be on person or in vehicle. Loaded or otherwise. PERIOD. Got it!!

I'm a little confused because of the "what if"
What if, I am searching for coyotes and a big game animal crosses the path of my light? I'M GUILTY. Intent? No, I am hunting coyotes!!

I need to read more to understand, just what, limitations and boundaries from every aspect.
Anyone that hunts coyotes West of I-5 (or Washington in general), please shed some light on this please

I'm not sure where I'll go yet. Somewhere on the West side of Interstate 5. That particular light, I doubt I'll use. I don't want to play hide-n-seek. I'm in the middle of figuring the mounting of the light. Figured I would take a couple pictures.
I've been reading the Washington regs for coyote. Reads open for shooting all year. Closed Sept/Oct/Nov for big game. Spotlighting allowed. Sounds clear enough. Then I get reading into things a bit further.

Spotlighting Game animals is legal. No firearm must be on person or in vehicle. Loaded or otherwise. PERIOD. Got it!!

I'm a little confused because of the "what if"
What if, I am searching for coyotes and a big game animal crosses the path of my light? I'M GUILTY. Intent? No, I am hunting coyotes!!

I need to read more to understand, just what, limitations and boundaries from every aspect.
Anyone that hunts coyotes West of I-5 (or Washington in general), please shed some light on this please

As long as you aren't hunting coyotes during big game season it shouldn't be a problem. In the past you couldn't hunt them with less than 24 caliber rifle and now it says any weapon. I think I'll go coyote hunting next summer.

That's a TON of light for an AR. I'm donating a Streamlight HL-4 for the giveaway. Never even thought about mounting it on a rifle. 2200 Lumens.

I found the gun for predator hunting tacticoolAR15.jpg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR